Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arteta has the luck or all kinda Juju on his side.

The refs, so Tomi got a 2nd yellow for not making contact with Ayew. But Ayew on a yellow, can hold Saka's shirt and drag him down from the back, but no yellow.

And he shouldn't even gotten that first yellow. That should've gone to Havertz

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Maybe he just isn’t as good as we think he is :hubie:

I’ve come to accept that even if we don’t like Nketiahs style of play, he is a dog.

If he isn’t playing he’s gonna die until he gets back to starting. He isn’t going to sulk or pull stunts, very professional and is a good poacher.
Nah man Nketiah is a striker who barely does the job description. Trossard brings far more of a threat with his inter play and better overall. Nketiahs inclusion strikes me as Arteta being too clever for his own good and I dont even know what he's trying to be clever at

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah man Nketiah is a striker who barely does the job description. Trossard brings far more of a threat with his inter play and better overall. Nketiahs inclusion strikes me as Arteta being too clever for his own good and I dont even know what he's trying to be clever at
Eddie will score in patches but more often than not he misses sitters. You can put up with that as Saka or Martinelli can score but this year I think we need a killer in front of goal.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Man, what a scrappy game in the end. It took really until the end of the first for us to actually look threatening. We had posession, but we didn't really take many shots. A lot of cycling. I guess it does eat up time, but I liked it when we started taking shots.

Saliba looked great, even with the mistake, the timing on that slide tackle was immaculate :ohlawd: Broke up a lot of the plays when we were down to 10 men.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Eddie will score in patches but more often than not he misses sitters. You can put up with that as Saka or Martinelli can score but this year I think we need a killer in front of goal.
Nah cant put up with that for a whole season mans is absolutely under par

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
1) I think Kai may end up coming good - he made a lot do good runs, but people weren’t looking for him. He also worked hard after the yellow. When he starts fukking up chances, then I say drop him. Until Jesus comes back I think Eddie, Kai and Trossard all need to get major minutes

2) We still need another striker/winger and back… The injuries are gonna fukk us through the winter

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) I think Kai may end up coming good - he made a lot do good runs, but people weren’t looking for him. He also worked hard after the yellow. When he starts fukking up chances, then I say drop him. Until Jesus comes back I think Eddie, Kai and Trossard all need to get major minutes

2) We still need another striker/winger and back… The injuries are gonna fukk us through the winter

He ain't gonna come good(pause). We see what he is already.

Look at Trossard, boy got on team. From game 1, he was on it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
are CP any better or worse without viera?
Not really, the purple patch of form they went on at the end of the year was due to playing weaker sides.
Palace are toothless. Good win for Arsenal.
Balogun should be jumping at the chance to play at CP since Arsenal not tryna do the needful. If not there, mans should go to Milan