Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Side note: Naija strikers got up and running well.

Osimhen with two very clinical goals. I have high hopes for him this season. If he stays fit he should be on track for another 25+ goal season in Serie A, possibly 30, but he needs to improve his technique and finishing. He should have honestly bagged 32+ goals in the league instead of 26 last season.

Awoniyi with 2 goals in 2 games. I think if he stays fit as well, he can bang in 15+ goals in the Prem.

Boniface started off with an assist in Bayer's win. I think he'll have a great season with them. Xabi is also a great manager.

Maddison MOTM
I'd say Sarr or Bissouma tbh. Madders missed a lot of passes.
Not questioned. Its confirmed that its appalling.

Yep, our scouting department gotta get ahold on him.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The positives outweigh the negatives way more in my opinion. Your last sentence is the key.

The main issue according to me is that some of our fans hold prejudicial views against people from that part of the world and can't them accept as owners of this football club.

I get it. But to not at least acknowledge the sportswashing element of oil nations owning clubs is intellectually dishonest. Some people actually DO have enough integrity to not support that kind of club. Has nothing to do with the fact that they are Arab, imo. Has more to do with the fact that Qatar has (essentially) legal slavery or the fact KSA kills journalists...etc. And that these clubs (along with City) become PR wings of their respective royal families. I'd have the same issue if the English royal family wanted to buy the New York Yankees.

America/England have blood on their hands too...but the NATIONS of America and England don't own clubs. This is why there's never been an issue with Leicester's owners (from Thailand) or Fulham's ownership (from Turkey).

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
mount is on a clock and needs to improve fast ..

looks like amrabat would improve that midfield :hubie:
We all knew United needed a ball playing midfielder but the problem is that the only player with that profile ETH knows is Frankie de Jong and the only other midfielder the whole United scouting network knew of was Declan Rice. So after those two they were pretty much tapped out.

Mount was actually decent in the first half. It's not Mount's fault that Rashford provided no hold up play and Garnacho and Antony were wasteful again and didn't allow for play to develop.

It's Mount's fault that ETH played him closer to Casemiro instead of playing Bruno deeper and allowing Mount to press higher up and run in behind Rashford onto Bruno's long passes (if Bruno was to play deeper).

Bruno is that player that needs to be more disciplined, put his foot on the ball and orchestrate midfield but ETH refuses to see that :hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
We all knew United needed a ball playing midfielder but the problem is that the only player with that profile ETH knows is Frankie de Jong and the only other midfielder the whole United scouting network knew of was Declan Rice. So after those it they were pretty much tapped out.

a competent connector would improve us.

DOF needs to block any player (ex. striker) who has less than 82 - 85% pass completion rate