Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I bet most folks posting that Saudi League propaganda on Twitter couldn't name one Saudi player who came up in the Saudi League and then moved to Europe (or a better league).
Why would they leave the comfort of their own home country where they’re paid very well and treated like kings?

The incentive is simply not there. Some serious talents in Saudi and they’d rather stay home. Shocking right?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
But seriously, he didn’t get the memo about the dress code?

dress code you say ?

Screenshot-2023-08-13-at-22-35-52.png

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Why would they leave the comfort of their own home country where they’re paid very well and treated like kings?

The incentive is simply not there. Some serious talents in Saudi and they’d rather stay home. Shocking right?

Capitalism been fukking y'all in the ass too long. You can't understand why anyone would want to challenge themselves and raise the level of their national team? I refuse to believe there isn't ONE Saudi player who isn't a competitor. The answer is because the level isn't there. In fact it's well below the average MLS player.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Capitalism been fukking y'all in the ass too long. You can't understand why anyone would want to challenge themselves and raise the level of their national team? I refuse to believe there isn't ONE Saudi player who isn't a competitor. The answer is because the level isn't there. In fact it's well below the average MLS player.
Oh so you like to talk for the sake of talking. Got it.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
english clubs thought the european cup would never take off and refused to join in for the first decade of the competition. EDIT: first 1 year ... or so ...

people mocked the idea of city ever overshadowing man utd or dominating europe.

people doubted japan could make quality goods.

people thought the chinese would never catch up.

people thought brehs couldn't play midfield now brehs dominate it.

people thought france and spain didn't have the mentality to win at international football and now they are the best of the last 20 years.

times change ...

:hubie:

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
english clubs thought the european cup would never take off and refused to join in for the first decade of the competition.

people mocked the idea of city ever overshadowing man utd or dominating europe.

people doubted japan could make quality goods.

people thought the chinese would never catch up.

people thought brehs couldn't play midfield now brehs dominate it.

people thought france and spain didn't have the mentality to win at international football and now they are the best of the last 20 years.

times change ...

So they're gonna let Saudi clubs in the Champions League, is what you're saying?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You’re really comparing a pundit to a manager? :comeon:

the chair or host i.e. the permanent employee might have to dress up. the independent contractor pundits i.e. sportsmen have more latitude to dress how they want.

that's why no one comments when roy keane does his saddam x moses beard tribute act but the permie employees can't do the same.