Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alright.

Alright.

Lemme just say.

The fact that Klopp hasn't fixed the Liverpool defense is criminal.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Let me get this straight. If Neymar played in more matches the last year or so and could still play in every single match, you're saying that he would have turned down the money in Saudi? Bullshyt. He would have taken the money either way.

Do you think C dot really wanted to go to Saudi in the first place? It was the only place that wanted him after Jorge Mendes hawked round the rest of Europe for months and everyone said no thanks you arent worth the hassle. That is the situation Neymar is in. Barca/Laporta only want him for the commercial aspect and get the fans on sise OMG guys i got Neymar byke for you. But he doesn't fit Xavi ideas. All these coaches whove came thru La Masia as players and/or worked under Pep are about the collective.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You'll see more players doing it soon. Imagine making 200 mill over two years prob like tax free. My goodness. .

Like 20 generation money

[Reddit]But you don't get to play at the Bernabeu on a Wed night[\cac]

Most of these leagues are farmer leagues anyways

Its not about that though...sure people will care for a second. But these aren't legacy clubs in the footballing world like a United, Liverpool, Barca, Milan or Madrid. The Americas aren't about to watch Saudi league over the Premier League or La Liga. It's about to be Super League status in a few years, especially because there's no Champion's League.

Sure many will take the money. Perhaps even some of the top players. But the VIEWING experience and prestige can't match up yet...and probably wont for 20-30 years. None of the players (outside of perhaps Milkovic-Savic) are in their prime...not Neymar either.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup. Denial is a hell of a thing. The Saudis are taking over the sport piece by piece and people can continue to deny it's happening but it is and there's nothing anyone can do about it. They took over golf and got a sweetheart deal with the PGA out of it. Now they are attempting Soccer and I would not be surprised if basketball is next.

Yup it's life things change swords to guns, trains to planes. Empires fall

Money always talks. And you know that money is guaranteed.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Pay a guy 200 mill to kick a ball....They can do so much more with that money... At least the teams from europe are making some profit. Uefa money, tv rights, marketing etc. Who tf is watching saudi football around the globe or buying an Al hilal shirt?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Let me get this straight. If Neymar played in more matches the last year or so and could still play in every single match, you're saying that he would have turned down the money in Saudi? Bullshyt. He would have taken the money either way.
I’m saying he’s not in his prime anymore, that’s all. If the Saudi offer came after Neymar won the treble with Barca and he took it, then we’d have a different convo because he was in his prime then.

If someone like Mbappe, Vini Jr, Haaland were to take an offer from Saudi next summer then we’d be talking.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Pay a guy 200 mill to kick a ball....They can do so much more with that money... At least the teams from europe are making some profit. Uefa money, tv rights, marketing etc. Who tf is watching saudi football around the globe or buying an Al hilal shirt?
What's happening with China is gonna be the Saudi league in 3 years

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
What's the verdict on the tactics so far in the first half?

I've never been a fan of a fully inverted winger because you usually end up without a winger and get a half of a midfielder, but it seems to be working decently with for Chelsea with Chilwell overlapping.

Meanwhile for Liverpool I don't recall Diaz having a touch other than scoring the goal.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I don't think they give a shyt. This is play money to the Saudis. A profit is nice but whether they turn a profit or not is probably irrelevant to them. I think what their goal is, is to put pressure on the Euro Clubs to make some sort of deal with them.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Its not about that though...sure people will care for a second. But these aren't legacy clubs in the footballing world like a United, Liverpool, Barca, Milan or Madrid. The Americas aren't about to watch Saudi league over the Premier League or La Liga. It's about to be Super League status in a few years, especially because there's no Champion's League.

Sure many will take the money. Perhaps even some of the top players. But the VIEWING experience and prestige can't match up yet...and probably wont for 20-30 years. None of the players (outside of perhaps Milkovic-Savic) are in their prime...not Neymar either.

As I said things can change. Pac 12 existed for over 115 years and is now done.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

:mjlol: everytime you take a Uber, buy the newest Fifa etc, fill up your tank Saudis are making money.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
What's happening with China is gonna be the Saudi league in 3 years
If i remember corectlly the chinese goverment had to step in and tell them to:whoa:

But they werent paying 200 mill a year. They offered Messi 500 mill a year. One guy.

They are better off buying more european clubs