Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Keep making excuses. I told everyone months ago the Saudis are coming to take away star players and will offer as much as is required to do it.

"Mbappe turned them down" Lol... You do know that PSG isn't all that much different right? And what was the news that came out this morning? The best player in the world rumored to be staying at PSG they probably backing up the brinks truck as we speak.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Bullshyt. I've watched almost every game. He still gets where he needs to be and has the same skill.
He has the skills and all but physically he is passed his prime. Full stop.

You can’t be in your prime but are missing 30-40% of the available games at club level.

Neymar is not making 45+ appearances at club level anymore.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
klopp1.png
Wait this looks just like Klopp :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Wasn't you the one that told everyone that PSG would win the CL with Mbrappe Messi and Neymar

Messi and Mbappe never gelled together, so what? That's not much of a prediction, you took the field vs. PSG, ok so what? No gambling site would give you odds on the field vs. one team in the champions league. :mjlol:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
This PSG drama of the last 10 years needs a Netflix and a HBO documentary. Riveting stuff. Mbappe forced out fukking Neymar and possibly Messi.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He has the skills and all but physically he is passed his prime. Full stop.

You can’t be in your prime but are missing 30-40% of the available games at club level.

Neymar is not making 45+ appearances at club level anymore.

Let me get this straight. If Neymar played in more matches the last year or so and could still play in every single match, you're saying that he would have turned down the money in Saudi? Bullshyt. He would have taken the money either way.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You'll see more players doing it soon. Imagine making 200 mill over two years prob like tax free. My goodness. .

Like 20 generation money

[Reddit]But you don't get to play at the Bernabeu on a Wed night[\cac]

Most of these leagues are farmer leagues anyways

Yup. Denial is a hell of a thing. The Saudis are taking over the sport piece by piece and people can continue to deny it's happening but it is and there's nothing anyone can do about it. They took over golf and got a sweetheart deal with the PGA out of it. Now they are attempting Soccer and I would not be surprised if basketball is next.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
We're gonna need a new left back next summer.
This summer :ufdup:
I’m very high on Sepp as you guys know but he’s on loan and he’s more for the middle/right side like Ibou, we need someone that can play a lb/lcb hybrid role and make it more of a proper back 3 badly, Caicedo is gonna help massively and him and Trent is going to be interesting and should give Ibou less work. At the same time I love him but Robbo is the weak link right now sadly :francis:
:manny:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You'll see more players doing it soon. Imagine making 200 mill over two years prob like tax free. My goodness. .

Like 20 generation money

[Reddit]But you don't get to play at the Bernabeu on a Wed night[\cac]

Most of these leagues are farmer leagues anyways

Nothing has changed. The stars in their prime are gonna choose Europe 98 percent of the time. Saudi League have mostly signed past-their-prime 30 year Olds and mercenaries like Neves.