Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Kane is comfortable at Tottenham. He doesn’t want to go somewhere with expectations. He’s getting paid, no real pressure to score goals (I still don’t get how this man is scoring so much…one of the least impressive top strikers I’ve seen in the PL profile wise IMO), and lives in London. He’s winning already…man doesn’t give a fukk about trophies. He wants the goal record and he will be happy.
You gotta relax.

I questioned his manhood, not his football ability.

He not even paid close to his proper value.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it though? He’s clearly doing some thing right. I didn’t say it was a mistake. But looking at him and his abilities and then comparing them to other great PL number 9s…:francis:

I’ve never been like, gotta watch Tottenham play to see Kane score another goal. Suarez, Torres, Henry, Aguero, RVP…hell even Berbatov made me want to watch them because they just made the game look good and were going to do something special. I don’t get that with Kane

Fair enough, you like what you like. :manny:

Kane stacks up well against the best strikers we've seen in the league. He's a way better footballer than the likes of Aguero and Torres if we're being totally honest. A scrub like Torres doesn't even belong in the conversation.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Fair enough, you like what you like. :manny:

Kane stacks up well against the best strikers we've seen in the league. He's a way better footballer than the likes of Aguero and Torres if we're being totally honest. A scrub like Torres doesn't even belong in the conversation.
Not denying that at all. But who had the higher high? Kane is boringly consistent. Torres has the moments that will be talked about much longer.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
We're overlooking the fact that if he goes on a free next year he has a choice of clubs and will get paid significantly, and it will work out more than he'd get if he went somewhere now on a big wage.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
We're overlooking the fact that if he goes on a free next year he has a choice of clubs and will get paid significantly, and it will work out more than he'd get if he went somewhere now on a big wage.
Good point. But an injury or dip in form changes that. It’s a gamble

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not denying that at all. But who had the higher high? Kane is boringly consistent. Torres has the moments that will be talked about much longer.

7vc97b.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Fantasy Football Classic League

H2H

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Torres had one, yes ONE single season of over 20 PL goals in 8 seasons.

Kane has 6 20+ seasons(2 with 30 goals) in his last 9.

Stop it.
Im not doing a one to one comparison, yes Kane is that guy.

But to your point injuries derailed Torres’ career. He absolutely was capable of scoring more goals. Kane has been relatively lucky in that regard. He’s always available.

I guess maybe I am being too much of a hater but I don’t even think that’s it. I think Kane is a great footballer…his passing and control is actually fun to watch…but how is he scoring so much :damn:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
It’s clear Kane wants to stay in the UK and get the EPL record. From a legacy standpoint, it’s a shame because I can see him ending up trophyless but he’s happy in Tottenham then fair play :manny: