Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
What striker (that they can afford, so no Osimhen) is available that would be an upgrade over Nketiah and Jesus?
I’m not expecting us to get someone of Osimhen level but I refuse to believe that Nketiah and Jesus is the best we can do with Havertz leading the line.

We’re in the champions league this season, have the FA Cup too and we’re genuine title contenders. We cannot rely on these three to win at least 1 trophy over a potential 60 game season.

Who knows? Maybe Havertz will be a revelation this season but what if he gets injured? Jesus is already injury prone. It feels like we’re leaving it to chance again without having adequate back up. That’s how we lost the title last season.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
I’m not expecting us to get someone of Osimhen level but I refuse to believe that Nketiah and Jesus is the best we can do with Havertz leading the line.

We’re in the champions league this season, have the FA Cup too and we’re genuine title contenders. We cannot rely on these three to win at least 1 trophy over a potential 60 game season.

Who knows? Maybe Havertz will be a revelation this season but what if he gets injured? Jesus is already injury prone. It feels like we’re leaving it to chance again without having adequate back up. That’s how we lost the title last season.
If the goals are spread out like last season the we should be fine. My issue is the lack of brute physicality in midfield and defensive wings.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Maguire.

dj-jazzy-jeff-kicked-out-uncle-phil.gif

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Could be true for sure,what I don't get why would the Bayern board give him that contract and then want to get rid of him asap..makes no sense

background:

"Since 1998, when 50+1 came into existence in German football, members have owned 50 per cent of their clubs plus one share, limiting commercial investment to a minority stake.

It means that members can directly influence off-field matters because they always own a majority stake in the club. “It is a huge degree of control because if you run a club, let’s say you’re Mr Kroenke or Mr Glazer, members can vote you out at the next AGM,” Bundesliga expert Raphael Honigstein explained to BT Sport."

When it says the Germans, does it mean the players, the fans the board??? The general population??

"board" might be a bit broad. whoever awards contracts there (doch) "awards contracts". not the entire board.

also I am guessing he means the club was influenced by the fans/shareholders.

Cisse (if you read the link) said elsewhere in the article/interview that the club is run by "old men in the stands".

it's also worth remembering that fans own the majority of bayern munich and have a bigger say than in other leagues. those fans are unlikely to have been involved in the transfer itself.

@Trajan

"SADIO MANÉ’S ADVISOR RIPS INTO BAYERN MUNICH, A CLUB “HANDLED BY OLD MEN FROM THE STANDS”

"Deutsche Telekom are one of four long-term partners of Bayern Munich. The other three partners, Audi, Adidas and Allianz all own an 8.33% stake in the club, with the remaining 75% owned by the fans."

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
We really comparing the less successful and only full blooded son of Uncle Ian to one the GOATs of the world game?................................... :beli:

Yes because BWP was a 3rd Division (League 1) goalscorer who went to the MLS and looked like an elite level striker

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Smart. :yeshrug:

Ten Hag doesn't rotate keepers and he would've spent the next 5 years on loan anyways.

Makes sense why Heaton is staying to be honest.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
background:

"Since 1998, when 50+1 came into existence in German football, members have owned 50 per cent of their clubs plus one share, limiting commercial investment to a minority stake.

It means that members can directly influence off-field matters because they always own a majority stake in the club. “It is a huge degree of control because if you run a club, let’s say you’re Mr Kroenke or Mr Glazer, members can vote you out at the next AGM,” Bundesliga expert Raphael Honigstein explained to BT Sport."

"board" might be a bit broad. whoever awards contracts there (doch) "awards contracts". not the entire board.

also I am guessing he means the club was influenced by the fans/shareholders.

Cisse (if you read the link) said elsewhere in the article/interview that the club is run by "old men in the stands".

it's also worth remembering that fans own the majority of bayern munich and have a bigger say than in other leagues. those fans are unlikely to have been involved in the transfer itself.

@Trajan

"SADIO MANÉ’S ADVISOR RIPS INTO BAYERN MUNICH, A CLUB “HANDLED BY OLD MEN FROM THE STANDS”

"Deutsche Telekom are one of four long-term partners of Bayern Munich. The other three partners, Audi, Adidas and Allianz all own an 8.33% stake in the club, with the remaining 75% owned by the fans."

Interesting . Well that explain the disarray among them with manager saga..yea I wouldn't be shocked by these allegations....sad honestly but sentiment would be been felt In most clubs lol smh...

So where do black players go to not face this b.s, is the question...