Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He played badly yes but was he THAT much worse than Bayern as a whole who barely hobbled over the BL title on the final day? I think not.

IYKYK :wow:

What’s the context to this video and what are they singing about?

after world cup win 2014.

song: "germans walk like this (upright ubermensch-lich), argies walk like this (untermensch-lich)"

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
he shouldn't go to Bayern though.

he's gonna find out :picard:

then ....

how do you know he's having a hard time in Germany? where did he state this?

Mane has played in Austria and France before coming to England. I dont know where you get this idea he is being mistreated.

that doesnt equate to mistreatment....Though his numbers are generally good from what i've seen and the analysis his overall play is lacking so he's getting criticized for it no more no less.

so ...

let's see what breh says after he leaves.

from today:

"But Mane's PR manager, Bacary Cisse, has insisted that the German giants forced him out - because he was paid too much for an African.

"It wasn't a footballing decision (to sell him)," he told After Foot RMC.

"Sadio's salary bothered the Germans, they didn't understand how an African joins the club and becomes the top earner ahead of everyone, so they wanted to get rid of him."

the full story will come out eventually :blessed:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Then how can they show it on espn+

This is FA though.
you both missed my point

They care more about showcasing La Liga teams because they have a TV contract with La Liga.

They don’t have that contract with the Premier League, so they have no interest in hyping up their teams.

If ESPN had the premiership TV contract, this match woulda been on ESPN proper.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
you both missed my point

They care more about showcasing La Liga teams because they have a TV contract with La Liga.

They don’t have that contract with the Premier League, so they have no interest in hyping up their teams.

If ESPN had the premiership TV contract, this match woulda been on ESPN proper.
Ah. Gotcha.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@phcitywarrior

last comment about this (for now) .. to give a little peek at the mentality behind this ..

on this version of the video

one of the top comments is

Screenshot-2023-08-06-at-20-41-21.png

i..e.

"man if [we] germans were always united like this, we would be invincible"

:mjpls:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Gonna be in New York at the end of this month and thought I'd catch a game of soccerr. Checked the NY Red bulls vs Inter Miami prices the other week and thought fukk that. I'll stick to having a kick about in Harlem:mjlol: