Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
He put it on twitter and Instagram. Why? What does he gain by doing that?
Trying to show what a great guy he is/get sympathy is my guess.

Though if that's the case he's definitely not read the room.

I like the guy and feel bad for him in terms of how his career here's gone but he's not helping himself.

Also posting a pic of a trophy from a game he played about 4 minutes in. :snoop:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Family member: Dele was never sent to Africa for discipline, he lied
10 hours ago / MJabariL

On the 13th of July, 2023, England and Everton midfielder, Dele Alli granted an interview with Gary Neville for Overlap.

CgAGVWSztEyAU5K1AA3Q94XS2zs231.png.webp

The former Tottenham Hotspur player revealed he was sexually abused at the age of six and was dealing drugs at age eight.
“Twelve, I was adopted and from then, it was like – I was adopted by an amazing family like I said, I couldn’t have asked for better people to do what they’d done for me. If God created people, it was them” Dele told Overlap.

According to a family member who spoke exclusively with OJBSPORT, he said Dele was never adopted.

“Dele was never adopted by anyone. At age seven, Dele attended one of the best schools in Lagos, Nigeria. He was never sent to Africa for discipline. That’s a blatant lie. He had a driver that picked him daily from school.

“We have all the documents and pictures of Dele with his dad from when he was born as a kid. Dele has been brainwashed.” said the family member.

CgAGVmSztIOAZFKUAAaD_MwcpJA479.png.webp

(Dele on his 8th birthday at Avi-cenna International school. Ikeja GRA Lagos.)

Dele's journey to Nigeria

Born in Milton Keynes, England on the 11 of April 1996. Dele’s mom, Denise Alli had two daughters – Barbara and Becky – from her previous relationship before meeting Dele’s dad – Kenny Alli. They broke up three years after Dele was born.

Kenny is a tech engineer. He met Denise Alli in a nightclub in the UK during his academic days. He got his Master’s degree at De Montfort University. After his academics, Kenny returned to Nigeria with Dele at age seven.

“We went to the UK from Nigeria with academic qualifications. We had to struggle, and I can tell you we are one of the pacesetters in IT in the UK. After finishing his Master’s, Kenny returned to Lagos.

“Kenny used to take Dele everywhere in Nigeria. We worked very hard to be who we are today. Nobody took him to Nigeria as punishment.” the family member revealed.

While in Nigeria, several years later, Kenny remarried a Nigerian American – Omotola Alli. Kenny and Omotola decided to relocate to the United States after their marriage. Dele was 11 years old then.

CgAGVWSztKSAaSTgAAddMb5Bfcs460.png.webp

(Kenny and Dele in Nigeria)

“Kenny decided to take Dele to the mom in the UK, in anticipation that he will come for him when he settle in the State.” said the family member.

Speaking further, the family member narrated how Dele ended up with the Hickford’s family at age 13.

Who are the Hitchford's and how did Dele end up with them?

“Dele has always been a lover of football from birth. He was targeted by the Hickford’s family. Hickford Allan and Sally and their son Harry ( used to be Dele’s team mate and now his agent).”

The Hickford’s son, Harry and Dele both began their career with MK Dons, while Dele became a professional footballer, Harry did not make the cut.

Harry’s parent – Sally and Alan use to take Dele and Harry to the training session and drop Dele at his mom’s house after training.

Denise speaking with the mirror in 2018 said: “When he was about 13 Dele began training at MK Dons five days a week. So for convenience he began staying at his best friend’s house during the week, before coming home at weekends. It was hard to let him live away from home, but we didn’t have a car and I was finding it hard to get him to training myself.

“It has been said that I was suffering from alcoholism and I gave him up because I couldn’t look after him, but that is a lie. I wanted to give him the best chance of achieving his dream, but he was still my son and I was there for him whenever he needed me.”

CgAGVmSztNWAPsWqAAt2YsYMCh4513.png.webp

(Harry and Dele. Credit – Harry Hickford Instagram)

“On a particular Wednesday, Dele’s mom called Kenny that the Hickford family didn’t drop Dele as usual.

“Kenny immediately called the Hickford’s resident and they pleaded with Kenny to allow Dele spend the night with them, because they have a comfortable place and their son is good friends with Dele.

“Kenny agreed – not knowing the Hickford’s had a plan all along. Along the line, it now became every Wednesday affair. That’s how they started grooming him (Dele) to whatever they are doing.

“He was never sent to Nigeria for punishment. He said he started doing drugs at the age of eight, whereas he was in a private school in Nigeria by then.” The family member concluded.

Dele’s interview has generated a lot of reactions from across the globe. Some of the popular opinion is that he’s doing it for public pity – seeing how his career has turned out.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Pogba moving to United was his worst career decision. I remember vividly saying that he should have gone to Madrid that summer Zidane was requesting for him. Weather he would have started for Madrid during their CL 3peat is a different story, but he would have ATLEAST been as impactful as Isco(who was a beast himself during that period) and his legacy would have been much better.
But he went to a United team who's fanbase was expecting him to be the most complete midfielder of all time. I'm serious, a huge chunk of United and PL fans were expecting him to be this all from watching his highlights. the funny thing is though, statistically speaking, trueout his tenure there, he was the most complete midfielder they had but they called him lazy.
he should have gone to Spain.
Pogba would have ate in the spanish league. Most united fans would agree it was not a good decision for him to come
back to united at that time

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Nigeria/Cameroon/Algeria/Zambia was a crazy group indeed.

What I'm worried about now is how many teams could eventually drop out, especially with them possibly not being able to play at home.

I read a report a few months ago that only 24/54 CAF teams had stadiums that were FIFA/CAF norms which is why you see so many teams playing "home" qualifiers abroad.
Sounds like you scared of the grind friend :mjpls: