Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Mostly because of the AFCON being every 2 years.

They could've had a similar system to AFC that doesn't penalize losing a single game as hard as the old CAF format did.
True, but you still get the same situation where some big guns are missing out. The 2018 format had a final group stage but you could have a group with Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon etc.

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Agree, dude been treated too unfairly.

Specially when the fools played him DCM and wonder why he doesn't score as many goals as Messi. Then they put him at #10 and wonder why he isn't defending like Kante.

Fools judged him on the # of goals and assists, when he was a box-to-box dude who played when the whole squad were performing trash.
Then they say "but he play so great in the national team", but his goal scoring average is higher in PL than in the national team :snoop:

Just putting him over Hazard proves that it's pure hate. Hazard same price and barely played a game or did shyt at all
Pogba moving to United was his worst career decision. I remember vividly saying that he should have gone to Madrid that summer Zidane was requesting for him. Weather he would have started for Madrid during their CL 3peat is a different story, but he would have ATLEAST been as impactful as Isco(who was a beast himself during that period) and his legacy would have been much better.
But he went to a United team who's fanbase was expecting him to be the most complete midfielder of all time. I'm serious, a huge chunk of United and PL fans were expecting him to be this all from watching his highlights. the funny thing is though, statistically speaking, trueout his tenure there, he was the most complete midfielder they had but they called him lazy.
he should have gone to Spain.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
True, but you still get the same situation where some big guns are missing out. The 2018 format had a final group stage biut you could have a group with Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon etc.

Nigeria/Cameroon/Algeria/Zambia was a crazy group indeed.

What I'm worried about now is how many teams could eventually drop out, especially with them possibly not being able to play at home.

I read a report a few months ago that only 24/54 CAF teams had stadiums that were FIFA/CAF norms which is why you see so many teams playing "home" qualifiers abroad.