Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
That's a tough decision. I think ultimately the right decision but he's still a good keeper at a good level. Just don't think we can win major titles with him. Hopefully, Onana works because I don't know if we're ready for that fukkery.
FuZ4KraWwAI7Qmx.jpg:large

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
That move would confirm something I always knew about Ronaldo, this dude doesn't care about any specific set of fans or legacy at any club. Since day one he's always just wanted to be the best and never really mattered where that happened.

He would probably seriously consider a move to Liverpool if Klopp was interested.

Can't really knock that about him as the concept of loyalty in football has always been flawed and very one sided

(Good) players are expected to be loyal to the club for as long as their talents justify a place but as soon as you fall off, it's the door for you and you'll be lucky to get a send off:camby:.

Hopefully what this will do however is dispel the myth that he ever "loved" United.
12 years and he was just thrown out like old dishwater.

My advice to any player would be to chase the bag wherever you can get it. :hubie:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
12 years and he was just thrown out like old dishwater.

My advice to any player would be to chase the bag wherever you can get it. :hubie:

He wanted to jump ship to Real. Only reason he didn’t get to go was circumstance. He was paid 375 bro

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Vitor Roque to Barça is official. It’s the second most expensive Brazilian transfer behind Neymar’s deal to Barça. The actual transfer fee is for 40m Euros, the total value of the move with bonuses and fees is 74m Euros, and his contract runs until 2029.

Huge business for Athletico. They paid his release clause of basically 4m Euros to get him from Cruzeiro, and turned it into a massive transfer deal.

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Vitor Roque to Barça is official. It’s the second most expensive Brazilian transfer behind Neymar’s deal to Barça. The actual transfer fee is for 40m Euros, the total value of the move with bonuses and fees is 74m Euros, and his contract runs until 2029.

Huge business for Athletico. They paid his release clause of basically 4m Euros to get him from Cruzeiro, and turned it into a massive transfer deal.

Where Barca got that money

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
He wanted to jump ship to Real. Only reason he didn’t get to go was circumstance. He was paid 375 bro
Yes, that's true but my point is not only specific to De Gea. Same happened to Rio, Keane, Vidic (I believe) and so many more.

With regard to the wages, he was only paid that amount becausit for whatever reason, it made sense to the club. He was willing to take a play cut until the club started to play games with him.