Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Probably get Rabiot on a free. Probably send Sabitzer back to Bayern.

Most likely Mason Mount and if we're really lucky, possibly Kane. Rice will cost over 100M.

We have no idea who will own the club when the Summer arrives.
I’d be up for Rabiot assuming his mum calms the fukk down on the wage demands.

Obviously we need a resolution on the takeover, but from what i hear/read it’s not going to affect us spending what we have, even if they’re still here.

Besides, regardless of who takes over, we can only spend what we can spend, people thinking if the Qataris come in we’re going to drop a billi are living in fantasy land.

How i understand it is we have 100mil + player sales and that’s it. It can’t be increased.

Obviously we can work with/around that in terms of installments etc so it’s down to negotiating well(uh oh lol).

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I’d be up for Rabiot assuming his mum calms the fukk down on the wage demands.

Obviously we need a resolution on the takeover, but from what i hear/read it’s not going to affect us spending what we have, even if they’re still here.

Besides, regardless of who takes over, we can only spend what we can spend, people thinking if the Qataris come in we’re going to drop a billi are living in fantasy land.

How i understand it is we have 100mil + player sales and that’s it. It can’t be increased.

how did chelsea do it?

sign longer contracts like chelski if the qataris come in.

during that extended period sell high earners and dead wood to bring down total spend.

also get nice sponsors from qatar with player sponsorships, cars etc.

Obviously we can work with/around that in terms of installments etc so it’s down to negotiating well(uh oh lol).

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
how did chelsea do it?

sign longer contracts like chelski if the qataris come in.

during that extended period sell high earners and dead wood to bring down total spend.

also get nice sponsors from qatar with player sponsorships, cars etc.
UEFA are apparently imposing a limit of 5 years on contracts, which is why Chelsea went crazy in Jan before it came in.

Even if the Qataris did do a City with sponsors, it wouldn't reflect on this years accounts, so it still wouldn't help this summer.

Also :scust: at that whole concept, our great club stooping to those levels. :camby:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
UEFA are apparently imposing a limit of 5 years on contracts, which is why Chelsea went crazy in Jan before it came in.

i see. interesting.

Even if the Qataris did do a City with sponsors, it wouldn't reflect on this years accounts, so it still wouldn't help this summer.

it would reflect on the player standard of living ...

Also :scust: at that whole concept, our great club stooping to those levels. :camby:

maybe ...

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

But @Yayo Toure told me it's perfectly legal to have a Middle Eastern club pay for half of the wages and just call it a consulting fee :skip:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nah man, European football is a big thing. I think social media memes and 'content creators' warped people's minds so much that they think second biggest European cup is something to be ashamed of.

I guess also the amount of the amount money available to be made in the PL makes English clubs care less about EL.

But for a club like Brighton qualifying for EL is a huge thing.

Someone needs to tell them theyre not a small club anymore. :manny: Act like you belong and not like tourists.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Signs Kane on a ten year contract.

Does ankle ligaments in the first year and is never the same again :win:

qatari money is long like train smoke breh

iZWTfgk.png