Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I can see De Zerbi going to City after Pep leaves.

Fair play to him. He already has exp in EL with Shaktar. If Brighton strengthen well this summer after their player sales I see no reason for them not to make a deep run in the competition.

I think EL is honestly a better comp than many give it credit for, especially at the latter stages, way more interesting/diverse match ups than UCL to be honest.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Naw man they shyt amateur :mjlol: If it was stage CL, I could understand. But Europa League? C’mon.:russ:
Nah man, European football is a big thing. I think social media memes and 'content creators' warped people's minds so much that they think second biggest European cup is something to be ashamed of.

I guess also the amount of the amount money available to be made in the PL makes English clubs care less about EL.

But for a club like Brighton qualifying for EL is a huge thing.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

Anti-English tears. :banderas:

The Brexit FC dream is alive :blessed:

(fr fr though all would be quality signings regardless of nationality, ETH will have these man balling. We won’t get all 3 though)

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I wont complain about Mount if we get Rice and Kane. But honestly this club needs a competent DoF badly.
The noise around Kim looks to be legit, so a summer of Kim, Mount and Kane plus maybe a couple of left field, younger players would be a decent summer.(tho as you mentioned i doubt the ability of our football people to find the latter)

We obviously need more and in an ideal world would get a new GK but i wouldn’t be upset with the above.

The more I think about Mount the more the prospect of him in an ETH side appeals. He fits with what our bald overlord wants to do.

I think the most unlikely of the three English lads is Rice, though i’d like to have him if it’s possible.

Then again if we can’t get Kane done early i’d leave it alone, we don’t need that saga.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
The noise around Kim looks to be legit, so a summer of Kim, Mount and Kane plus maybe a couple of left field, younger players would be a decent summer.(tho as you mentioned i doubt the ability of our football people to find the latter)

We obviously need more and in an ideal world would get a new GK but i wouldn’t be upset with the above.

The more I think about Mount the more the prospect of him in an ETH side appeals. He fits with what our bald overlord wants to do.

I think the most unlikely of the three English lads is Rice, though i’d like to have him if it’s possible.

Then again if we can’t get Kane done early i’d leave it alone, we don’t need that saga.
Probably get Rabiot on a free. Probably send Sabitzer back to Bayern.

Most likely Mason Mount and if we're really lucky, possibly Kane. Rice will cost over 100M.

We have no idea who will own the club when the Summer arrives.

Last edited: