Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FwlKbU7WcAAx23l
Mugs :mjlol:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't really care for Nottingham Forest just happy Danilo and Scarpa didn't get relegated their first season in the Premier League.

Daps

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Arsenal's form the past month has been dreadful. Feels like once they slightly lost momentum, the floodgates opened and it was a wrap.

The squad is a still young and needs more depth so if they are smart in the next couple of transfer windows, they'll probably be able to fight til the end next time.

Literally called it during the Southampton game :francis:

Even if we come back and win this I don't see us winning the title I've conceded it.

Every game has become a struggle and I don't see it changing, you don't win titles like that.

It was fun while it lasted but were not ready yet.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You believe in Poch ?

Oh shyt, I wanted to ask you your thoughts on his time at PSG? :ohhh:

I'm going to give Poch the benefit of the doubt because surely nobody can be worse than Potter.

Potter set the bar so incredibly low there's no way the next guy can't look good in comparison.

*A lot depends on what happens this summer with the squad too (hopefully lots of outgoings and a more settled squad should help). The midfield needs serious work and we need a goalkeeper badly.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just seen the Arsenal result

Omg I just cant :laff: :laff: :laff:

What a way to lose the title. Old Arsenal are back :whew:

Daps
Yh going on an ultimately futile unbeaten run towards the end is frustrating

And now we have to entice quality players with no CL for at least a year :francis:

This rebuild should've taken place last year tbh when we had just come off the back of CL final and a quadruple run. There was no point keeping Milner, Keita, Ox beyond last year. FSG got us Arthur Melo on loan instead smh. And now they'll say we can't spend much since there's no CL money and the club has to be run sustainably :pacspit:
Yeah our transfer strategy last summer was shocking, buying players we didn't really need, giving players new extensions who hardly played at all this season just to save money.

Melo has he even played since joining ? Playing for the reserves don't count
Phillips has probably played more for City than he has played for us.

And now we are going to struggle attracting the sort of players we need to move forward,
That transfer window and this season has just been a complete mess

You've just called their excuses for not spending big this summer, guarantee that will be their excuse

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
They didn't quite treat Sadio like this no wonder he wanted to go

Nah, sadio didn't get quite the same fan fair.... admittedly sadio did leave after the CL final...but idk bobby deserves the farewell tour. I just don't feel it was or it would have been the same for sadio.

some in the media last year argued that was one of the reasons he left.he didnt feel the love as compared to the other two. Maybe am reaching 😂
These Sadio truthers @Trajan :picard:
We didn't know he was leaving until after the CL final. No opportunity for a farewell.
Exactly, Bobby was the most important and sacrificed the most to make it all work and deservedly gets the love like nobody else. Sadio would have got a good sendoff and he’s a legend in his own right but he’s not Bobby and he’s not Momo, he was number 3 in the hierarchy and rightfully so it’s whatever :hubie: