Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
He is on form rn though. Saka didn’t look good for a few weeks. Terrible time to try and force your goal.

I dunno breh Pens is a different game. I still would have Saka take it again if I had the choice :yeshrug:
It's not forcing the goal he is our Penalty taker even earlier in the season when Jesus was fit he was on Pens.

He just had a poor game all round the missed pen just compounds it.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I dunno breh Pens is a different game. I still would have Saka take it again if I had the choice :yeshrug:
It's not forcing the goal he is our Penalty taker even earlier in the season when Jesus was fit he was on Pens.

He just had a poor game all round the missed pen just compounds it.
It is what it is. At the time, especially since he scored already last few games and had recent penalty, I wanted Jesus. But Saka hasnt missed since Euros so I get it, just was not the right time to force it. He just didn’t even look confident running up. Not why we lost but we needed that bad

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
That has a lot to do with the quality of the players around him. I think if you put him in this kinda team he can do well.

I'd prefer Jude, but promising Rice UCL football and getting him for cheap, yeah I'll take that.

Its not about the quality of players, he does this with England. Dude is great at driving forward but has no semblance of how to build the play and make a sensible progressive pass