Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MbdRoOz.gif

:russ:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Arsenal fans, u guys still think Podolski is shyt? :ld:
Not sure if anyone has been more down on him amongst than me. Maybe frush. I dunno. I've only complained that he doesn't give you what is ideal from the position, personally. Still pretty much feel that way, needs to do it against better teams than that shower.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
I remember @frush11 specifically treating dude like he was a complete bum. damn near Championship level with the way he was talking about him. then i remember a couple other gunner fans chiming in and no one was overly excited about the signing

except me and i'm not even a gunner fan :russ:. 'Ski just one of my fav players :manny:

only thing he really struggles with sometimes that i've noticed is movement and decision making when the opponent's 3rd and the play is stagnant. then again, thats really the entire Arsenal team in itself

nonetheless, 1 goal and 3 assists today :ehh:. having a pretty good debut season in the prem

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Tbf we're one of the worst run, if not the, worst run 'top teams' in Europe.

3 league titles and 1 Champions League is a poor return for the money that has been spent and the players we've had. Even now we have some top quality players at both senior and youth levels but it's just a mess from top to bottom.

It's been fun doe. Last year was the ultimate. It's been sort of :yeshrug: ever since honestly.

I think the trophy return-money spent ratio is aight. Teams have spent more to do less (........right?).

But last year with AVB Roman crossed over from Jerry Jones/George Steinbrenner territory straight into Al Davis. Writing this now I'm realizing you probably won't get the references but trust me, it's terrifying.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the trophy return-money spent ratio is aight. Teams have spent more to do less (........right?).

But last year with AVB Roman crossed over from Jerry Jones/George Steinbrenner territory straight into Al Davis. Writing this now I'm realizing you probably won't get the references but trust me, it's terrifying.

I've heard that Al Davis breh was a bit crazy (he's dead now init?). I know my Bay Area shyte breh :smugbiden: Watched that Ice Cube 30 for 30 as well!!1!

But yeah Guardiola opting for Bayern is the slap in the face Roman deserved tbh.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

the AVB hire was some al davis shyt tbf. he was the wrong coach for that group of players

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I've heard that Al Davis breh was a bit crazy (he's dead now init?). I know my Bay Area shyte breh :smugbiden: Watched that Ice Cube 30 for 30 as well!!1!

But yeah Guardiola opting for Bayern is the slap in the face Roman deserved tbh.

Al became (in)famous for

1)Overspending
2)Tumultuous relationships with his coaches
3)Firing said coaches regularly
4)Undermining his coaches authority
5)Wanting a pretty, high-octane offense and hiring players and personnel who he felt could deliver that, regardless of who the coach was.

The Raiders franchise became a haven for overpaid, over-opinionated underachieving players who did fukk all because they knew that whoever their coach was wouldn't last and Al ran the show.

Then there's even the rumors that he'd get involved in play-calling....during games. :huhldup:

I think you might just need to start checking off days until Roman dies.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Chelsea fans having the gall to complain about son of bram :ballboydead:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Al became (in)famous for

1)Overspending
2)Tumultuous relationships with his coaches
3)Firing said coaches regularly
4)Undermining his coaches authority
5)Wanting a pretty, high-octane offense and hiring players and personnel who he felt could deliver that, regardless of who the coach was.

The Raiders franchise became a haven for overpaid, over-opinionated underachieving players who did fukk all because they knew that whoever their coach was wouldn't last and Al ran the show.

Then there's even the rumors that he'd get involved in play-calling....during games. :huhldup:

I think you might just need to start checking off days until Roman dies.

Didn't he want them to get a bigger and better stadium too but couldn't get that done for whatever reason? :ohhh:

Pretty sure Roman's son is gonna be owner once Big Rome calls it a day. His reaction to Cech saving Robben's pen in the final :wow:

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

LOOK AT THAT FORM :blessed: LOOK AT IT :blessed:

Crying his eyes out when they lifted the cup too :wow:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea fans having the gall to complain about son of bram :ballboydead:

I do feel sorry for him tbh.* Just not getting enough bang for his buck. Arnesen, Piet de Visser and co have led him on a merry dance.

*If it is possible to feel sorry for a Russian oligarch that is.