Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Osimhen is deff our poster boy and I've been watching a lot of Napoli this season because of him. Three key things he needs to improve in his game to take it to the next level

1. Offside awareness - Too many times he gets caught offsides when he doesn't need to, especially on square balls across the box. Probably should have had 2 goals in the first leg against Frankfurt but he got called off when he was looking down at the line. Seen some instances in this Naija game as well.

2. Consistent technique - He's not Lukaku levels with his technique, but his first touch could be more consistent and his ball-striking technique could use some refinement. Against Atalanta a few weeks back he should have probably nicked a goal late but his first touch was bad. Against Ajax 2nd leg in UCL he should have had 2 but skyed a tap in.

3. Clinical Finishing - He's banging in goals but sometimes he gets into a, need 2/3 chances to score 1 mode. Against Juve, he should have had 3 or 4 instead of just 2. Against Sassuolo probably should have had a hattrick instead of just 1 goal. Missed the PK in the Pool 1st leg, Missed chance against Ajax etc. There's probably 7-9 goals he left on the table in all comps this season that would have put him closer to 30-32 goals in all comps.

But he's improving and that's what matters the most. I still think he should do one more year in Napoli for some extra refinement.

Looks like just Ndidi in midfield. Worried about that defence.

We really need someone like Eze that's good on the ball. Ndidi, Iwobi and Eze are more than solid enough for us.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Osimhen is deff our poster boy and I've been watching a lot of Napoli this season because of him. Three key things he needs to improve in his game to take it to the next level

1. Offside awareness - Too many times he gets caught offsides when he doesn't need to, especially on square balls across the box. Probably should have had 2 goals in the first leg against Frankfurt but he got called off when he was looking down at the line. Seen some instances in this Naija game as well.

2. Consistent technique - He's not Lukaku levels with his technique, but his first touch could be more consistent and his ball-striking technique could use some refinement. Against Atalanta a few weeks back he should have probably nicked a goal late but his first touch was bad. Against Ajax 2nd leg in UCL he should have had 2 but skyed a tap in.

3. Clinical Finishing - He's banging in goals but sometimes he gets into a, need 2/3 chances to score 1 mode. Against Juve, he should have had 3 or 4 instead of just 2. Against Sassuolo probably should have had a hattrick instead of just 1 goal. Missed the PK in the Pool 1st leg, Missed chance against Ajax etc. There's probably 7-9 goals he left on the table in all comps this season that would have put him closer to 30-32 goals in all comps.

But he's improving and that's what matters the most. I still think he should do one more year in Napoli for some extra refinement.

We really need someone like Eze that's good on the ball. Ndidi, Iwobi and Eze are more than solid enough for us.
I also dont like Iheanacho on the right of attack. If he's not playing up in a 2 or as a 10 behind Big Vic then he has to be on the bench.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
The lack of quality we have shown in midfield and attack is so jarring. I've seen these players play much better than this.
I thought we were bright first 10/15 minutes, positive, good tempo some good movement and interplay and then just completely ran out of ideas :unimpressed:

I thought some of the subs were questionable as well, woeful performance these nikkas better get it together for Monday :snoop: