Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
lol arsenals fan base has to be the most fickle man

relax and stop being so damn negative. if they lose to City then its on, but until then Arsenal is still in pole position in my opinion

someone on AFTV just mentioned 7 pts dropped against Newcastle, Everton and Brentford.... not being title football

how many did City drop? Against who? 8 against Utd, Tottenham and Everton

Its always going to ebb and flow. It was never going to be an easy walk to the title. Was always going to come down to the wire

I agree. Just pointing out some clear changes that need to be made. That was my main point about City as well.
And we gotta stop with the Newcastle hatred, Howe went into that club and got it playing UCL caliber defensive football.

But yeah, I still think it's Arsenal's. But it's clear Jesus gives so much versatility to this team.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
To fix this slump Arteta needs to play Tomiyasu and Tierney who will overlap and create space for our wingers as it becoming easy for teams to double up on them and stop them. Thing is he seems to like inverted fullbacks to much but these guys offer nothing morethan control of possession with no attacking threat

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To fix this slump Arteta needs to play Tomiyasu and Tierney who will overlap and create space for our wingers as it becoming easy for teams to double up on them and stop them. Thing is he seems to like inverted fullbacks to much but these guys offer nothing morethan control of possession with no attacking threat
i completely agree tbh

Its time for Tomiyasu to be reinserted and Tierney needs to share in the LB position. Zinchenkos been good, i aint mad at him for todays performance but i dont like how tierneys been cast away. If its one thing about Tierney as well, he is a lot more sound making runs, beating players, crossing and even scoring.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I agree. Just pointing out some clear changes that need to be made. That was my main point about City as well.
And we gotta stop with the Newcastle hatred, Howe went into that club and got it playing UCL caliber defensive football.

But yeah, I still think it's Arsenal's. But it's clear Jesus gives so much versatility to this team.
pretty much. We acting like we tied against Leeds or something.
This is the EPL, match day uncertainty is a real thing, not surprised by a draw in the least

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
i feel like patrick ewing watching this: do you practice that shot?
pat.png

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I wanted the 3 points, and this isn't great form going into our midweek clash with City, but I feel like most of us were expecting us to drop points in this period without Jesus. I'm not panicking just yet, but hopefully these next 5 games we can maintain our lead as we wait for Jesus to come back.

Arteta going to have to figure out how to get us humming against the low/mid-block though. There was more movement up top today, but it felt like we didnt get many touches in the box

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Lol, Arsenal fans need to calm down. They're still favourites for it. That city side are not the same City of old hunting them. I don't trust that City team anymore.
Problem is we've all seen this story where we do well for 1 half of the season, then can finish, especially throughout the 2010s.