Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It is being reported as private Qatari investors, so not the state. Who do you think would be a fit owner for United?

"Clean" billionaires do not exist
Yeah I’m SURE they have no connection to the state :childplease:

I’m not naive enough to believe anyone who has that amount of money hasn’t exploited someone along the way, i’m also not naive enough to think we can avoid what English football is now in terms of ownership.

But it doesn’t mean I can’t voice my concern over being used as a sportswashing project for people from places that hold backwards views that are diametrically opposed to my own and what I believe our society should stand for.

‘But but but…the uk goverment give them money’ 1. The UK government/anyone connected to them aren’t trying to buy us. 2. fukk the UK government, they’re wrong for what they do. :why:

Anyone getting on that whataboutery is essentially admitting they don’t have a valid argument.

Put it this way, Manchester has a significant gay population, i know gay people, and we’re meant to accept owners that would likely have these people chucked in the back of a van and vanished for living their lives?(if they were in Qatar/Saudi)

I realise this place is a cesspit when it comes to these issues(omg hahahahha fukk them gays hahaha), but it’s something I believe in.

And that’s before we get on to the general human rights abuses, workers rights etc etc

Have your culture and run your country how you want, buy yourself a word cup to try and pull the wool over the worlds eyes. But if you buy a club, especially one the size of United, you’re making us part of or at least adjacent to that culture and these beliefs in my view.

I realise that for a lot of internet mans football is just a tool for banter and they want to have bragging rights over rival internet fans, but football clubs are meant to represent more. The ship has already sailed at the top level in England, i get that, but i’ll still believe what i believe.:manny:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The days of a businessman buying his local club are long gone, breh. :laff:In 2023 it's either a choice of a consortium of clueless Yankees or Oil baron Sheikhs with questionable human rights records.
As mentioned above, I know that. So that means we bend over, oil ourselves up and twerk for it? Never.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Yeah I’m SURE they have no connection to the state :childplease:

I’m not naive enough to believe anyone who has that amount of money hasn’t exploited someone along the way, i’m also not naive enough to think we can avoid what English football is now in terms of ownership.

But it doesn’t mean I can’t voice my concern over being used as a sportswashing project for people from places that hold backwards views that are diametrically opposed to my own and what I believe our society should stand for.

‘But but but…the uk goverment give them money’ 1. The UK government/anyone connected to them aren’t trying to buy us. 2. fukk the UK government, they’re wrong for what they do. :why:

Anyone getting on that whataboutery is essentially admitting they don’t have a valid argument.

Put it this way, Manchester has a significant gay population, i know gay people, and we’re meant to accept owners that would likely have these people chucked in the back of a van and vanished for living their lives?(if they were in Qatar/Saudi)

I realise this place is a cesspit when it comes to these issues(omg hahahahha fukk them gays hahaha), but it’s something I believe in.

And that’s before we get on to the general human rights abuses, workers rights etc etc

Have your culture and run your country how you want, buy yourself a word cup to try and pull the wool over the worlds eyes. But if you buy a club, especially one the size of United, you’re making us part of or at least adjacent to that culture and these beliefs in my view.

I realise that for a lot of internet mans football is just a tool for banter and they want to have bragging rights over rival internet fans, but football clubs are meant to represent more. The ship has already sailed at the top level in England, i get that, but i’ll still believe what i believe.:manny:

I mostly agree with you. I just think United has been playing the mud for too long to get out of the inevitable essentially your last line. I wont celebrate some middle eastern ownership for United but the ownership of these clubs in England has been a complete shambles and all the parties have a part in enjoying it.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I mostly agree with you. I just think United has been playing the mud for too long to get out of the inevitable essentially your last line. I wont celebrate some middle eastern ownership for United but the ownership of these clubs in England has been a complete shambles and all the parties have a part in enjoying it.
Ownership wise English football has gone too far, there’s no going back, but definitely it doesn’t mean it should be celebrated.

Like have some class and remember what United as an institution is meant to stand for, all i ask from some of our ‘fans’.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
I was initially against the super league when it was first proposed.

But after the world cup my view has changed . We were spoilt with all the competitive games we witnessed........going back to regular league football was disappointing.

I'd rather watch the top teams battle it out each week than Man United playing teams outside the top 5 and getting one 'big' game every few weeks/months.

The only ask I have is that they televise every game or make all of them available on an app.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Breh, it’s like Romarios 1000 goals :russ:

fukking shameless pointed neck cac dumping 4 on 13th place side in a 16 team league :mjlol:
Saw all the goals excluding that one peanlty. That back 4 defo got this treatment in the locker room.

SJKXFUu.gif

Did the biggest Siu when he scored that 4th goal. :dead: