Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Perfect. No more Azpi/Chalobah at RB and James health can be managed properly moving forward.

Laurence Stuart, who officially starts work as one of Chelsea’s technical directors in February, has extensive knowledge of Ligue 1 from his time at Monaco.

Finally going to take advantage of the best development league in the world.

New owners keep doing miracles on me. :wow:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Thankfully players can see the bigger picture.

Arsenal are having a great league campaign but you haven't won a league title in two decades and haven't been in the Champions League for 6+ years.

We're having a terrible campaign admittedly but things can and often do change very quickly in football, especially when you have ambitious owners with billions to spare.

April 29th, we'll see you then. :mjgrin:

hazard-goal.gif
United been throwing money at the problem since fergie left. I dont see chelsea bouncing back that easy:manny:
Not to mention they ruined lots of players over the years.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

Arsenal are having a great league campaign but you haven't won a league title in two decades and haven't been in the Champions League for 6+ years.

We're having a terrible campaign admittedly but things can and often do change very quickly in football, especially when you have ambitious owners with billions to spare.

hazard-goal.gif

Negged for the Spurs GIF and comparison :hhh:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

hazard-goal.gif
Good to see you can still banter. I thought you and you team would be too busy working out how to saddle you poor fans with higher ticket prices....

:mjgrin:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
United been throwing money at the problem since fergie left. I dont see chelsea bouncing back that easy:manny:
Not to mention they ruined lots of players over the years.

Man Utd been busy buying players like Antony tbf. We are not the same. :troll:

Negged for the Spurs GIF and comparison :hhh:

I mean, that's the last time a north London club were competing for a league title and we saw who put a stop to that. :mjgrin:

Good to see you can still banter. I thought you and you team would be too busy working out how to saddle you poor fans with higher ticket prices....

:mjgrin:

No way, an Arsenal fan talking about ticket prices. Pick your battles bruv :russ:

SeasonTickets_Tables-e1655559021587-2048x1960.png

SeasonTickets_Tables2-2048x2048.png

Daps
Man Utd been busy buying players like Antony tbf. We are not the same. :troll:

I mean, that's the last time a north London club were competing for a league title and we saw who put a stop to that. :mjgrin:

No way, an Arsenal fan talking about ticket prices. Pick your battles bruv :russ:

SeasonTickets_Tables-e1655559021587-2048x1960.png

SeasonTickets_Tables2-2048x2048.png
What's the asterisk beside Chelsea and Man u's name mean in them 2 pictures ?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
i prefer arsenal to win because the alternatives are/were citeh, poo' or newcastle and because of don robbie. AfTV deserve it.

but .. but .. those arsenal fans are getting all aggy :hhh:
someone online called them "the scousers of the south" :picard:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
i prefer arsenal to win because the alternatives are/were citeh, poo' or newcastle and because of don robbie. AfTV deserve it.

but .. but .. those arsenal fans are getting all aggy :hhh:
someone online called them "the scousers of the south" :picard:

We been quiet for over a decade now when it pertains to the PL.
AFTV been must watch mainly from other fanbases.

Laughing at our pain weekly and we just had to eat that shyt :mjcry:

You want us to be silent now we are finally ruffling feathers again? :skip:

Nah breh...WE HERE NOW! :birdman:

la-lakers-sign-lonzo-ball-wide.gif

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

hazard-goal.gif

Throwing money around is currently the problem. Chelsea is a team made up of at least three different ways of approaching the game. Four if you count the Sarri leftovers.
The issue is that there's no identity. I can tell you HOW City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United and even Tottenham play. I couldn't tell you what this Chelsea team is actually good at.
And while things CAN change in Football, they can also change for the worst. If it holds, you lot will miss Champions League AND Europa League. That shyt starts to get REEEEL dicey for big contract holders.

Trust me I know, I'm a Gooner.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the asterisk beside Chelsea and Man u's name mean in them 2 pictures ?

At the time that was published Chelsea were either still being sold or just been bought so everything was frozen and the new ticket prices hadn't yet been confirmed.

They announced ticket prices freezes for almost everything expect Westview in the West Stand which went up significantly. That part of the stadium was redesigned by the old regime during covid and ticket prices were going up there even pre-Boehly/Clearlake coming in.

Point I was making was that Arsenal fans should be the last to talk about ticket prices. :manny:

Throwing money around is currently the problem. Chelsea is a team made up of at least three different ways of approaching the game. Four if you count the Sarri leftovers.
The issue is that there's no identity. I can tell you HOW City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United and even Tottenham play. I couldn't tell you what this Chelsea team is actually good at.
And while things CAN change in Football, they can also change for the worst. If it holds, you lot will miss Champions League AND Europa League. That shyt starts to get REEEEL dicey for big contract holders.

Trust me I know, I'm a Gooner.

You're right, the squad as currently constructed isn't cohesive and wasn't well thought out. In fact the summer window kind of exasperated that problem a further because the new recruitment structure and directors weren't in place until after the window closed.

But since then look at the moves being made:

David Datro Fofana (£10.6m, Molde)
Benoit Badiashile (£33.6m, Monaco)
Andrey Santos (£11m, Vasco da Gama)
Joao Felix (loan, Atletico Madrid)
Mykhaylo Mudryk (£62.5m, Shakhtar Donetsk)
Noni Madueke (£30.7m, PSV Eindhoven)

Average age of 20 years old.

There's talk today that the door is open for Felix being made permanent if he does well. Linked again today with Enzo (22 years old) and Gusto (19). And I haven't even mentioned Cobham guys like Reece or Colwill yet. :wow:

Would the new recruitment team have paid 50m for Sterling? 33m for Kouliably? Would they have got Aubameyang? Looking at the moves they've made so far and the players we're linked with it's a resounding no.

They're clearly serious about building a good young team and whether Potter is the man remains to be seen. He did get a lot of praise for his work at Brighton. I personally think De Zerbi has improved on that but they had the foundations of a good team in place so Potter deserves some credit for that.

By the way, we have quite a few players with contracts expiring in the next 6-18 months like Jorginho, Kante, Silva, Pulisic, Azpilicueta, Kovacic, Aubameyang just to name a few. That's even more money freeing up for the club to better allocate.

I'm not saying Chelsea will win the treble next season but I'll bet we won't have to wait as long as Arsenal did to become good again. shyt, call me crazy but if we sign Enzo and get a few players back from injury like Kante and Reece we could go on a Champions League run this season. Stranger things have happened. :sas2: