Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s not just that, he isn’t confident cutting onto his right foot for whatever reason. He adds that to his game and he becomes even more dangerous player.
I think the elephant in the room that Arsenal fans don't want to admit is that Martinelli is poor at scanning the field. I think his main issue is he keeps his head to the floor too often and doesn't scan enough because he gets a tunnel vision and he may not have the dribbling needed to beat defenders on one on ones. I think if he doesn't improve that part of his game he'll be losing that spot. It's starting to make sense why we were going to spend a lot on Mudryk because we need a real challenge for LW spot because Martinelli talent wise is tiers behind Saka, Saliba and Odegaard when talking about young talent. Anyways, I'm sure Arteta and company noticed that and will prob help him work on that aspect. I do feel he needs to step it up because if Eddie maintains form then I can see Jesus being moved to the left and taking his spot

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I think the elephant in the room that Arsenal fans don't want to admit is that Martinelli is poor at scanning the field. I think his main issue is he keeps his head to the floor too often and doesn't scan enough because he gets a tunnel vision and he may not have the dribbling needed to beat defenders on one on ones. I think if he doesn't improve that part of his game he'll be losing that spot. It's starting to make sense why we were going to spend a lot on Mudryk because we need a real challenge for LW spot because Martinelli talent wise is tiers behind Saka, Saliba and Odegaard when talking about young talent. Anyways, I'm sure Arteta and company noticed that and will prob help him work on that aspect. I do feel he needs to step it up because if Eddie maintains form then I can see Jesus being moved to the left and taking his spot

Mudryk wasn’t being bought to challenge for the spot, he was straight up going to bench Martinelli

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Mudryk wasn’t being bought to challenge for the spot, he was straight up going to bench Martinelli
I can see that because you don't spend that much to sit on the bench for most of the game. I think he's on the hot seat because some of his issues are glaring and with club ambition changing Arteta and Edu might be looking at upgrading LW spot.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'd be happy to admit it. He's had a poor run of form, and this makes sense. He also hasnt been driivng at defenders

Edit; I don't know if I agree with "tiers" behind tho

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Got back from the pub/lunch with the lads. Amazing match I'm on Cloud 10 right now. Because lets keep it funky. Rashford was out there playing like the talisman we ALL know he can be. At times he was the only man on the pitch with hunger in his heart. Respect to that man.

BUT ITS ALL GOONERS ROUND HERE! HALE END BOYS STEPPING UP!

If we take one of those matches off City, this shyt is looking good. Amazing match probably the best game of the season so far.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of Mudryk. I would bet money he was watching that game on some...

angry-white-lady.gif

Thankfully players can see the bigger picture.

Arsenal are having a great league campaign but you haven't won a league title in two decades and haven't been in the Champions League for 6+ years.

We're having a terrible campaign admittedly but things can and often do change very quickly in football, especially when you have ambitious owners with billions to spare.

April 29th, we'll see you then. :mjgrin:

hazard-goal.gif