Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Levy to Kane.

mr-burns-dont-forget.gif

His fate was sealed when Man City spent that 100M on Grealish instead.

And Ten Hag seems to favour Osimhen instead.
I think Kane to United window has closed. I still wouldnt say no to him this summer but I dont think the time is right anymore.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You're right, the squad as currently constructed isn't cohesive and wasn't well thought out. In fact the summer window kind of exasperated that problem a further because the new recruitment structure and directors weren't in place until after the window closed.

But since then look at the moves being made:

David Datro Fofana (£10.6m, Molde)
Benoit Badiashile (£33.6m, Monaco)
Andrey Santos (£11m, Vasco da Gama)
Joao Felix (loan, Atletico Madrid)
Mykhaylo Mudryk (£62.5m, Shakhtar Donetsk)
Noni Madueke (£30.7m, PSV Eindhoven)

Average age of 20 years old.

There's talk today that the door is open for Felix being made permanent if he does well. Linked again today with Enzo (22 years old) and Gusto (19). And I haven't even mentioned Cobham guys like Reece or Colwill yet. :wow:

Would the new recruitment team have paid 50m for Sterling? 33m for Kouliably? Would they have got Aubameyang? Looking at the moves they've made so far and the players we're linked with it's a resounding no.

They're clearly serious about building a good young team and whether Potter is the man remains to be seen. He did get a lot of praise for his work at Brighton. I personally think De Zerbi has improved on that but they had the foundations of a good team in place so Potter deserves some credit for that.

By the way, we have quite a few players with contracts expiring in the next 6-18 months like Jorginho, Kante, Silva, Pulisic, Azpilicueta, Kovacic, Aubameyang just to name a few. That's even more money freeing up for the club to better allocate.

I'm not saying Chelsea will win the treble next season but I'll bet we won't have to wait as long as Arsenal did to become good again. shyt, call me crazy but if we sign Enzo and get a few players back from injury like Kante and Reece we could go on a Champions League run this season. Stranger things have happened. :sas2:

1. The Mudryk deal was 108 million stop capping. :dahell:

2. Felix AND Mudryk AND Havertz AND Raheem AND Pulisic AND Madueke AND Aubameyang AND Zyeich AND Gallagher and that's not even all of your attacking players. Kante isn't the same player. What's happening with the middle of the park and in the defense? Again, its clownshoes team building.
But even with that YOU CAN'T SCORE. You have perhaps the widest selection of attacking players of nearly any club in England. And. you. can't. score. That's on the manager and he ain't going anywhere right now.

3. Injury is a big issue. For sure. Would never take that from a team. James is fantastic. But if he can't stay healthy does it even matter?

4. The problem with those contracts is outside of Aubameyang, there's no way the rest of them don't re-sign, even for potentially reduced wages. Again, bloat on the roster and an asinine spending policy are the problem. Potter's gotta put his foot down and literally ship some of these man off. The only ones that SHOULD stay are Kovacic and Azpi (he's a servant to the club) the rest have run their course. But I'm telling you now that won't happen. And they'll actively have lost millions on all of these players. I don't see the club OR the fans willing to let go of most of those guys.

5. Will Chelsea finish 10th? Probably not. But, in half a season, do I see them out performing Brighton, Fulham, United, Tottenham, Newcastle or Liverpool? Consistently, no. Even if you leapfrog Liverpool, Fulham and Brighton..that top 4 of Arsenal, City, United and Newcastle don't look like they are going anywhere.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Kane shouldn't have signed the last contract his halfwit brother negotiated. What a waste of a career :francis:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. The Mudryk deal was 108 million stop capping. :dahell:

2. Felix AND Mudryk AND Havertz AND Raheem AND Pulisic AND Madueke AND Aubameyang AND Zyeich AND Gallagher and that's not even all of your attacking players. Kante isn't the same player. What's happening with the middle of the park and in the defense? Again, its clownshoes team building.
But even with that YOU CAN'T SCORE. You have perhaps the widest selection of attacking players of nearly any club in England. And. you. can't. score. That's on the manager and he ain't going anywhere right now.

3. Injury is a big issue. For sure. Would never take that from a team. James is fantastic. But if he can't stay healthy does it even matter?

4. The problem with those contracts is outside of Aubameyang, there's no way the rest of them don't re-sign, even for potentially reduced wages. Again, bloat on the roster and an asinine spending policy are the problem. Potter's gotta put his foot down and literally ship some of these man off. The only ones that SHOULD stay are Kovacic and Azpi (he's a servant to the club) the rest have run their course. But I'm telling you now that won't happen. And they'll actively have lost millions on all of these players. I don't see the club OR the fans willing to let go of most of those guys.

5. Will Chelsea finish 10th? Probably not. But, in half a season, do I see them out performing Brighton, Fulham, United, Tottenham, Newcastle or Liverpool? Consistently, no. Even if you leapfrog Liverpool, Fulham and Brighton..that top 4 of Arsenal, City, United and Newcastle don't look like they are going anywhere.

1) Mudryk was 108m in what? The Turkish Lira? Every reputable source has it as an initial fee of £62m + £27m in add-ons if individual and team targets are met. Shout out to @Roberto Firmino , this type of information is readily available if you know where to look. :mjgrin:

2) Felix and Mudryk literally just joined so not sure why you're including them in a group of non-scoring Chelsea forwards.

Raheem was showing signs of being washed at City and they got rid of him at the right time. That's the type of transfer we hopefully won't be making moving forward.

Auba is washed. Pulisic is utter shyt and always has been. Ziyech was playing Easydivisie ball in his late 20s.

Some of these guys have failed under several manages. You may not want to give Potter the benefit of the doubt on that but they're being replaced for a reason.

3) In James case specifically a big reason for his repeated injuries is because he doesn't have adequate cover so is forced to play until he breaks down. Glad to see they're sorting that out by targeting

4) What do you mean there's no way they don't re-sign? They have been trying sell several of them already with no luck so letting them walk is the next best thing. Getting the wages of unproductive players off the wage bill is the next step of the rebuild and thankfully a few of them will be gone sooner rather than later.

The fact you think Azpi should stay ( :dead: ) and Kovacic (genuinely one of our worst performers and a useless dribble merchant with zero end product most of the time) lets me know you have very little idea what's actually required or happening at Chelsea. And to be fair you support another club so it's fine for you not to know these things but acting like you do is wild.

5) Think you misunderstood my comment brev. I don't think Chelsea are finishing top 4 this season but there's every chance we can make some noise in this season's Champions League if we get players back from injury and a little bit of luck on the way. Did you forget that we're still in the Champions League? :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
1) Mudryk was 108m in what? The Turkish Lira? Every reputable source has it as an initial fee of £62m + £27m in add-ons if individual and team targets are met. Shout out to @Roberto Firmino , this type of information is readily available if you know where to look. :mjgrin:

2) Felix and Mudryk literally just joined so not sure why you're including them in a group of non-scoring Chelsea forwards.

Raheem was showing signs of being washed at City and they got rid of him at the right time. That's the type of transfer we hopefully won't be making moving forward.

Auba is washed. Pulisic is utter shyt and always has been. Ziyech was playing Easydivisie ball in his late 20s.

Some of these guys have failed under several manages. You may not want to give Potter the benefit of the doubt on that but they're being replaced for a reason.

3) In James case specifically a big reason for his repeated injuries is because he doesn't have adequate cover so is forced to play until he breaks down. Glad to see they're sorting that out by targeting

4) What do you mean there's no way they don't re-sign? They have been trying sell several of them already with no luck so letting them walk is the next best thing. Getting the wages of unproductive players off the wage bill is the next step of the rebuild and thankfully a few of them will be gone sooner rather than later.

The fact you think Azpi should stay ( :dead: ) and Kovacic (genuinely one of our worst performers and a useless dribble merchant with zero end product most of the time) lets me know you have very little idea what's actually required or happening at Chelsea. And to be fair you support another club so it's fine for you not to know these things but acting like you do is wild.

5) Think you misunderstood my comment brev. I don't think Chelsea are finishing top 4 this season but there's every chance we can make some noise in this season's Champions League if we get players back from injury and a little bit of luck on the way. Did you forget that we're still in the Champions League? :mjgrin:

1. Then that deal was AGREED for 108 million. Add-ons are part of the deal, they aren't some obtuse, ethereal concept. And also I cited the AP in the link. Which is only the most reputable news source on the planet.

2. They count because they haven't scored. Are they not on the team? Is it not their job to score? Is that not quite LITERALLY the reason they were brought there. They haven't solved the issue yet.

3. That's true I agree. Same thing happened to Dembele at Barcelona.

4. We'll see come August. But I expect most of those players to still be there. Teams don't offload half the damn roster. And I gave my reasoning for the Azpi thing, but Kovacic hasn't played with the guys he was brought in to play with (Kante/Jorginho) in a bit. And you can't blame end product on him...he's box to box. And as we've discussed, you entire team lacks end product. :heh:

5. We'll see about UCL. I'll admit this is one of those crazy years where IMO there's no clear favorite so you might be right, but there's still Madrid to worry about. But if this team is struggling against Nottingham Forrest....:manny:

Ya'll did get a lucky draw with Dortmund though. Better them than nearly any other team in UCL currently.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
We been quiet for over a decade now when it pertains to the PL.
AFTV been must watch mainly from other fanbases.

Laughing at our pain weekly and we just had to eat that shyt :mjcry:

You want us to be silent now we are finally ruffling feathers again? :skip:

Nah breh...WE HERE NOW! :birdman:

la-lakers-sign-lonzo-ball-wide.gif

The man formally known as Turk-"Tha Mouse"-ish ... is now speaking from his chest :picard::hhh:

:what:

As much as I wish Don Robbie well ... tings are getting hard to ignore