Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Plenty of people have blown their heads off with millions in the bank :francis:
Exactly money is not everything.

Even that Rolls-Royce gift video looked depressing, you can see the oldest Ronaldo kid looking like :beli: at the car while Cristiano has his best Tom Cruise smile on.

Quality of the league has improved in recent years, influx of foreigners has upped the Saudi players level too. Also interested in seeing how he adapts. The club is also well supported and they'll turn on him fast if they dont get results.
That midfield looks good though which should help him a lot. I remember Thierry Henry getting crazy frustrated with the lack of service during his time with NYRB. He couldn't understand how they were not able to make simple passes :heh:

You telling me Ronaldo or any top level athlete didn't get offers like these throughout their careers?:dahell:
Nah this is crazy money. Only other person who's getting anywhere near that is Messi, not from a club, but also from Saudis :mjgrin:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Quality of the league has improved in recent years, influx of foreigners has upped the Saudi players level too. Also interested in seeing how he adapts. The club is also well supported and they'll turn on him fast if they dont get results.

Saudi watch alongs :blessed:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
All jokes aside I'm really interested to see how Cristiano does because I think he might be completely washed.

I don't know anything about the Saudi league but if they play with the same physicality/athleticism their NT showed during World Cup he might be in for long two years :francis:
Got pocketed by a midtable team from Cyprus. :francis:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All jokes aside I'm really interested to see how Cristiano does because I think he might be completely washed.

I don't know anything about the Saudi league but if they play with the same physicality/athleticism their NT showed during World Cup he might be in for long two years :francis:
I think financially it's a great decision, but feels like a LIV ( football version ) origin story.

Or he is going to be the main circus attraction like in the original space jam....