Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Here is an interesting question that may define who he is.

Do you think if last year someone showed him this timeline, he would have retired? Or would he have carried on as usual?
He definitely would have retired. He did not want this.

I don't know who Messi is as a person but I feel as professional he has far more self aware. The fact that he joined PSG and was willing third fiddle says a lot.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
@Ill-Yaz congratulations, post World Cup football officially starts January 5th :blessed:

an.png

Enjoy Al Ta hee hee away
15400-1520d6aadef1e526992274261ecc4b88.jpg

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Here is an interesting question that may define who he is.

Do you think if last year someone showed him this timeline, he would have retired? Or would he have carried on as usual?

Breh, didn’t a leak come out where he said he’d retire if Messi won the balon dor in 2019 or some shyt? Home boy was functioning off obsession and pure hate :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Obviously he's gonna be making bank but as a professional Ronaldo has to be hurting.

Everything bad that could have happened to him did. Surprised he didn't commit that after Messi won the big one. Absolute humiliation.

Rotting on the bench at Man U making 2 milly a month hoping that rashford or martial get injured to get some burn? Or making 16.66 mill a month probably tax free living in some house like this

Mirabiliaproject.jpg

If this is "bad" then curse me like this Oh Lord!!

Ronaldo wants to play first team minutes he got that
Ronaldo wants to be loved and adored he'll get that
Ronaldo wants money and damn he got that

with the money he's making in the next two years he can buy a low level premier league team or a team in the Primeira Liga

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Rotting on the bench at Man U making 2 milly a month hoping that rashford or martial get injured to get some burn? Or making 16.66 mill a month probably tax free living in some house like this

Mirabiliaproject.jpg

If this is "bad" then curse me like this Oh Lord!!

Ronaldo wants to play first team minutes he got that
Ronaldo wants to be loved and adored he'll get that
Ronaldo wants money and damn he got that

with the money he's making in the next two years he can buy a low level premier league team or a team in the Primeira Liga
But that's the thing. Ronaldo didn't want to rot on the bench making 2 million a month. As delusional as it sounds dude wanted to play at the highest level.

Obviously for regular brehs like you and me just making money is a dream but for professional athletes it's a whole different thing.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
But that's the thing. Ronaldo didn't want to rot on the bench making 2 million a month. As delusional as it sounds dude wanted to play at the highest level.

Obviously for regular brehs like you and me just making money is a dream but for professional athletes it's a whole different thing.

Name one athlete in any sport who'd turn down 2 years 400 million euros