Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
kkh8ncr50w6a1.jpg

That top left corner with Argentina is GOATED. From U-20 WC to the actual men's WC. If not for Higuain then Messi prob has a 2nd WC and two more Copa Americas.

Only trophy missing is the French cup but I'm sure he picks that up this year.
And Argentina beat Nigeria twice for the U-20 WC and the Gold Medal in the Olympics :francis:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kkh8ncr50w6a1.jpg

That top left corner with Argentina is GOATED. From U-20 WC to the actual men's WC. If not for Higuain then Messi prob has a 2nd WC and two more Copa Americas.

Only trophy missing is the French cup but I'm sure he picks that up this year.
And Argentina beat Nigeria twice for the U-20 WC and the Gold Medal in the Olympics :francis:

Argentina went from Higuain to Alvarez. Insane come up.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The international calendar is dry for this upcoming year outside EURO and AFCON qualifiers. The Confederations should also be announcing the 2026 WCQ format so there's that

Whole reason AFCON was even every 2 yrs was because CAF only got a slot to the WC and nations were missing on proper tournament experience.

Just to add, if you look at the history of international competitions, you'll see Africa is really lagging behind. Copa America was hosted annually from the mid 1910s till about the 1930s. Then you have the Olympic tournaments, which prior to the WC, acted as the decider of the World champions hence why Uruguay is 4x World Champs, 2x WC winners, the 1924 and 1928 Olympics were managed by FIFA.

The Gold Cup is every two years but because its in the summer and hosting is not an issue (US, Mexico and Canada have the stadiums) there isn't too much of an issue with it.

I'm mean, a midfield of Caqueret, Tchoumeni, Camavinga and Aouar seems to be as good/talented as any other nation up and coming midfield youngsters. it has all the midfield profile you need, controller/great line passer in Caqueret, work horse with technical ability in Camavinga, dm destroyer with Tchoumeni and a creative midfield with elite dribbling and 1-2 touch. It's not like they need alot to fix their midfied. DD never brought the two profile that I highlighted. You could say some of these players aren't consistent throughout their season what what team besides maybe Spain has midfielders that are? is Argentina midfield collective really better or more talented than that collective?
Aouar and Caqueret seem to have fallen down the pecking order in Lyon tbh, especially Aouar. I would have liked DD to integrate more "fringe" players during their Nations league campaign. That was the time to try out new blood. I'm also surprised Fekir didn't get any looks this time around especially with the season he's having with

Dudes just got back from relegation and are still number 5, Nacional and Peñarol still in the top 10; ain't nothing like tradition/'eritage.

Penarol hasn't made splash in Copa Libertadores in a while man. It's a shame because Uruguayan football been struggling for a minute.