Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I know Jesus is still putting in work but his lack of goals is worrying. We saw on Wednesday that we desperately need another striker.

We’re not going to get a world class one in January, even if we do break the bank, but we need someone. This will be our best chance since Leicester won the title in 2016, we can’t screw this up.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
You better hope Xavi dont get sacked. Bc Arteta will fck off to Barcelona :francis:
Leave a stable Arsenal whose future is only looking bright for an in-debt decaying Barcelona club? No amount of nostalgia would turn Arteta’s head.

Maybe one day but he would be silly to even entertain them for the next 5 years at least.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I know Jesus is still putting in work but his lack of goals is worrying. We saw on Wednesday that we desperately need another striker.

We’re not going to get a world class one in January, even if we do break the bank, but we need someone. This will be our best chance since Leicester won the title in 2016, we can’t screw this up.
I'd rather us try to get a goal scoring winger than a mediocre striker.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I'd rather us try to get a goal scoring winger than a mediocre striker.
If Jesus gets injured, we need a #9 with good hold-up/link-up play to compliment our style. I can’t put into words how Giroud was so vital for us. He’s still doing his thing in Serie A (albeit, a weaker league).

A winger would be great but is definitely not vital. Unless Nketiah has a Gohan Cell Games moment and realizes his potential, we’re going to squander our best opportunity in years.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Leave a stable Arsenal whose future is only looking bright for an in-debt decaying Barcelona club? No amount of nostalgia would turn Arteta’s head.

Maybe one day but he would be silly to even entertain them for the next 5 years at least.
Mes Que un Club :wow:

Don't try to fight it, you just have to accept it.