Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
:mjtf: Transformed? His assists in La Liga/Europe was always high even when he was scoring ridiculous number of goals

Exactly. Took Argentina to two finals back to back playing that role.

You aren't wrong. Maybe it just seems that way because he doesn't dribble around players as much (still can, but not at that rate he used to). But he's more of distributor now and the goals are down in volume so the assists and passing is what people are noticing.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Yeah, not buying it either.

The last time people said an English club signed a generational talent from the Bundesliga it was...

Havertz.

Bellingham could very well be a decent player but we need to see him play in a serious league first.
don't get me wrong, I think he's talented and has engine on him. and he's technical enough, atleast relatively compared to midfielders in this era, but I still don't know what he's exceptional or elite at. when I look at other young upcoming midfielders in his generation like Pedri, Caqueret, Tchou, Tonali, Gavi and even Camavinga, they're all elite at something. I think he's going to be a good to great box to box player midfielder, but generational. nope.

on another note, this picture :banderas:

ksbe3nliboo91.jpg

all the :flabbynsick: fans in the back :mad: except for that kid in the middle watching mesmerize by that celebration. probably gonna switch teams later this week

Daps
-

If an international tournament doesnt have French fukkery. I dont want it. :hubie:

They're going out in the group stages just like every world champion from Europe since 98 has done
They started the tradition and will continue it

There is a good chance England could as well though if our retard manager continues to pick his favourites even if they are not playing for their clubs

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The Hamraoui case is delving into an even weirder path :ohhh: It seems Diallo has nothing to do with it but now the thing is tied to... Eric Abidal :mjlol:

Apparently, Hamraoui's phone was bought by him and after the hit happened, one of the first thing Hamraoui did was to call Abi. Because of what the assaillants said to her, it seem that they were having an affair and that Abi's wife sent the hittas on Hamraoui :dead:

Pure telenovela :russ:
Welp. Seems like Diallo actually masterminded the thing ultimately and the Abidal thing (albeit true) was just a misdirection. Diallo was incarcerated last Friday and according to the investigation, she legit hated Hamraoui. Plenty of dms to friends where she openly voiced her jealousy towards her.

She was the one driving the vehicle purposedly slowly as if she was waiting for the hit to happen. The hitters talked to the police and stated that they were supposed to break Hamraoui's legs so she couldnt play against Real in order for Diallo to take her place and be the starter instead.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
They're going out in the group stages just like every world champion from Europe since 98 has done
They started the tradition and will continue it

There is a good chance England could as well though if our retard manager continues to pick his favourites even if they are not playing for their clubs
Nah France too talented to go out the group stages

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Game-like name dropping all over this interview :mjlol:

On pundits:

Fernandes notes British pundits usually speak about players from abroad needing “one or two years” to adapt to the Premier League, and cites the early comparisons between him and Arsenal’s £72million record signing Nicolas Pepe, who arrived from Lille in summer 2019.

“He (Pepe) had some bad games and everyone was saying, ‘He still has to adapt’,” says Fernandes, “but when Bruno was having a bad game, it was just because he was moaning or not focused on the game. For me, that was good, because it meant that I was ready and that’s why they were demanding so much from me.

On his complaining

“I play for Man United, so I know all the cameras are on our players, but everyone in the Premier League does that. At Crystal Palace, (Wilfried) Zaha is always moaning at the referee. It is because he gets fouled, so it is normal he moans at the referee. That’s normal! He wants his fouls and for the referee to give yellows (to opponents).

“Fernandinho, who was at Manchester City, was always moaning at the referee, and only kicking me! Bernardo (Silva), for example, who people see as a quiet person… he is one of the guys who is always talking to the referees. He probably does not do it in the intense way I do but I saw it in the national team, so I know.”