Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Real Madrid’s scouting and transfers over the past 4-5 yrs has been immense. Rodrygo and Vini from Brazil for $50M a piece and they’re already world class and under 23. Fede from Peñarol for less than $6M. Selling Casemiro for $78M then copping Tchouameni for $88M, essentially a $10M swap. Camavinga from Rennes for $34M and Alaba on a free from Bayern.

English teams gotta take note. Prem has become too buy-buy heavy of late IMO. Just cause you have the money doesn’t mean you have to spend it foolishly.

Last edited:
Daps
Was confused at first when I saw that.:mjpls:

Need Vini Jr, after scoring to run up to the Atletico Madrid fans and rile them up like he did to the Celtic fans last week.

o4t5drZ.gif

My lil bro is at the game too, told him to jave his head on swivel

Daps
Real Madrid’s scouting and transfers over the past 4-5 yrs has been immense. Rodrygo and Vini from Brazil for $50M a piece and they’re already world class and under 23. Fede from Peñarol for less than $6M. Selling Casemiro for $78M then copping Tchouameni for $88M, essentially a $10M swap. Camavinga from Rennes for $34M and Alaba on a free from Bayern.

English teams gotta take note. Prem has become to buy-buy heavy of late IMO. Just cause you have the money doesn’t mean you have to spend it foolishly.
They stuck tho cauze everybody knows they got tje loot so they gonna have a Prem tax, so it is spend an extra 30M on a prospect which could flop and isn'ta Vini or Rodrygo or go for something that is at least proven to a degree.... tough position...

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
They stuck tho cauze everybody knows they got tje loot so they gonna have a Prem tax, so it is spend an extra 30M on a prospect which could flop and isn'ta Vini or Rodrygo or go for something that is at least proven to a degree.... tough position...

I don’t think so..Madrid have always had money and have broke transfer fee records for so many players over the years.

I think they’ve just gotten smarter with how they spend. They’ve had some duds though Hazard and Jovic in particular

Daps
I don’t think so..Madrid have always had money and have broke transfer fee records for so many players over the years.

I think they’ve just gotten smarter with how they spend. They’ve had some duds though Hazard and Jovic in particular
But that is Madrid though. Same for Barça, tbey have had their share of flops over the years. But they have the infrastructure to absorb those sorts of losses when they occur just due to their "status" in world football. The Prem teams (besides your usual Big 6) can't take those sorts of hits consistently. Also the scouting networks for the big Spanish giants are automatically in place. They can literally go to any Latin American country go to the federation and say "who your best players?" just cauze of ths pull Madrid and Barca have in Latin America. Prem clubs have to scout a bit harder in that part of the world.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
But that is Madrid though. Same for Barça, tbey have had their share of flops over the years. But they have the infrastructure to absorb those sorts of losses when they occur just due to their "status" in world football. The Prem teams (besides your usual Big 6) can't take those sorts of hits consistently. Also the scouting networks for the big Spanish giants are automatically in place. They can literally go to any Latin American country go to the federation and say "who your best players?" just cauze of ths pull Madrid and Barca have in Latin America. Prem clubs have to scout a bit harder in that part of the world.

True, but this is Latin America, part of the appeal also is that it’s easier for a Latin American to settle in Spain than the UK (no language barrier)

Camavinga was on the market but no English teams got his signature.

Last edited: