Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
This slut was really trying to get famous today. The post match interview was so cringeworthy

1357494198289.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
Yoyoyo have you heard of this Bright Dike guy? Plays for the Timbers, scored for Nigeria against Catalonia. Apparently he's American born. Did the USMNT try to cap him?

Bright Dike Goal (Catalonia XI 1 - 1 Nigeria ) 02/01/2013 (Friendly Match ) HQ - YouTube

I've heard of him, and yea, I knew he was American.

I was legit shocked when I saw he made the Nigeria team, I never thought he had it in him. Started to get more minutes for Portland at the end of the year. Was shocked when he was called for the friendly in Miami, too. Good lazy comparison is Altidore.

I guess it's just a message to the old guard. :laugh:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I blame Xabi Alonso.

Haven't watched a single Real game this year, but I'mma blame him.

It was only so long this team could continue on without a single player who defends in the midfield.

Or on the wings for that matter.

I'm afraid I must only blame Mou.

Xabi though comes off as the nice, get-on-with-it-just-try-your-hardest-it-will-be-alright warm and friendly bearded folk but underneath is really a manipulator at the end of the day.

Think I've been watching too many spy shows/movies actually...:ugh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just back from Mansfield, so I haven't seen the incident on TV. But I sure as heck saw it in the ground as it was bang in front of me.

Three things. Firstly, was it ball to hand? Or hand to ball? Sure as heck hard to tell in live action. If it's the former, the rule has the goal standing regardless. This wasn't Henry against Ireland. Secondly, I defy ANT player, pro or amateur, to hold their hand up and admit the goal they just scored is invalid. Even more so with an instinctual striker who's first thought is to put it in the back of the net. It's the job of the officials to spot infringements. Not the players. Hell, there's FOUR of them. Obviously the 4th official saw no problem to not bring the refs attention to it. And thirdly, I will say Suarez looked REAL sheepish in almost expecting the goal to be disallowed. But they deemed it legal, so what's he to do?

I did fell Mansfield deserved a replay for their second half efforts, but you don't always get what you deserve in this game.

But regardless. it's Luis Suarez. A dirty South American racist. (Yeah, I have trouble not rolling my eyes, yawning and keeping a straight face at English hypocrisy too.). The same English hypocrisy that would say jack if it were a current English International this had happened to.

But it's a dirty South American racist. From those low life Scousers who don't play ball with their independent thinking and standing up to the English Establishment. Hell, they don't even consider themselves English. Why can't they follow like sheep like the rest of us and accept all the **** thrown our way? From Militant to the Toxteth riots through their 23 year fight for justice taking on all our institutions when anyone else would of done the honorable English thing and accepted what our 'great' Police force and Government told us. Their just a bunch of agitating.,work shy ***** who have had the temerity to dominate on the soccer field home and abroad. **** them, and stoke up the fires to burn the horrible, racist, dirty South American at the stake. They deserve each other.

I'm being somewhat flip in the above of course, but it's not too far from the truth when it comes to this Country and their attitude toward the City of Liverpool.

As will be exemplified in the new media Witch Hunt this week over a goal, or non-goal, missed by four so called professional officials.

Hard not to feel everyone's against Suarez and his club.

Hail.

Pity city :snoop:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Sturridge's movement was kinda brilliant today. Missed a couple he should've scored but im excited about dude. Some much needed pace :ahh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
damn. roma must be havin 70/30 possession. bradley just missed a great opportunity and now cavani has a hat trick. game over, what a fukkin beast cavani is. roma looked good but couldnt convert

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
It was a match against the most limited opposition Liverpool will encounter all season but this felt like a particularly important debut for Daniel Sturridge. Before the game Brendan Rodgers had declared Sturridge would become Liverpool's first-choice centre-forward, implying that Luis Suárez would be forced to play a different role for the remainder of the season. "Daniel's best position is as a central striker," he said. "His best position will be straight through the middle with his pace."

Daniel Sturridge debut illustrates Liverpool's new wealth of options | Michael Cox | Football | The Guardian

Front three of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge lads, or El Pistoleiro sitting at amf?! Imagine the possibilities, bring on the goals eitherway