Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The C Tart thing is an easy excuse. Tuchel being negative with his talk all summer since the takeover completed was more of an issue tbh. Cech leaving pre season complaining about the players and not being ready etc etc the whole Conte incident.

Maybe Tuchel wife was the real tactical genius out of husband and wife duo.

Tuchel trying to scribble on a napkin a new formation on how to fit 8 defenders in the line up between sex sessions and the Brazilian girlfriend is basically ready to go again.
Not the first time a Chelsea regime was brought down by a woman
X4DDxmG1.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Believe it's 10 years where they aren't allowed to take any director fees whilst also agreeing to invest nearly 2bn into the club during that period.

If they continue to grow the brand, remain successful, upgrade the stadium etc (basically all the things they've agreed to) then fair play, let them make their money.
We were never going to get another Roman but at least we didn't end up with people like Glazers.

contract needed an anti-woodward-football-side-meddling clause too :mjlol:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
The C Tart thing is an easy excuse. Tuchel being negative with his talk all summer since the takeover completed was more of an issue tbh. Cech leaving pre season complaining about the players and not being ready etc etc the whole Conte incident.

Maybe Tuchel wife was the real tactical genius out of husband and wife duo.

Tuchel trying to scribble on a napkin a new formation on how to fit 8 defenders in the line up between sex sessions and the Brazilian girlfriend is basically ready to go again.
Why did they start contract extension talks 2 weeks ago?

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I disagree, seems like Boehly gave Tuchel every opportunity to be a big part of the rebuild but Tuchel was disgruntled and moody by all accounts.

He didn't want to be involved in the transfer side of things.

He was sulking about losing Petr Cech.

He didn't want to have an input on future sporting director.

But most importantly he lost the players/locker room. Around seven first team players left this transfer window and still 7-8 more either wanted to leave or were on the verge of leaving, and now further unsettled. With Rudiger gone and Azpi checked out they also have no leadership, you can't expect a 22-year old Reece James to do it all (he just go bullied off of a free kick yesterday).

And then on top of all of that add losing matches and Tuchel was cooked.
I stand corrected. They’re leaking information my basement faucet. All excellent points you made.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Eh, I'd rather see him continue the project at Brighton. Sometimes the superstar players/mega budgets aren't the best thing at getting a team on the same page. Taking players who are hungry, and willing to do the job no matter what is rare. Leicester doesn't win the league imo if they took the Forrest route and bought 50 players when they came up.

That's part of why these mid-table teams are always in flux. I'd love to see a manager go. "Actually....fukk Chelsea."
This is the ceiling for Brighton, the only way is down for them. I kind of expected them to have a similar type of meltdown that Leicester is having now, with Cucurella, Bissouma, White leaving in consecutive seasons and Maupay turning out to be useless. But of course Potter is a better manager and their signings have stepped up. They have no margin for error and it's only so long you can find one for one replacements for a quarter of the price. And with Newcastle snapping up their sporting director now is the best time for Potter to go.

I do feel bad for my boy Welbeck just when he's starting to look his best leading the line for Potter:mjcry: