Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Look at Chelsea signings barring Koulibaly and the kids. The experienced players all have PL experience they all know Potterball theyve all but 1 who happens to be his former player played against it. The flexibility the movement the freedom the Chelsea players will enjoy playing in that type of system much more than whatever Tuchel was trying to do for the last 10 months.

Potter in 6 months at Swansea had Citeh going life and death with them in the cup. They were a championship team. What you think he'll do with higher level players?

This will be Boehly first managerial appointment the first guy will get some time providing results aren't too up and down.

Also let's be honest apart from Poch and Zidane who is waiting for Qatar to finish there aren't that many big club coaches out there at the moment. They either already employed/no chance of getting them at big clubs or they've already been at Chelsea.

What good coaches are there in the game at the minute not called Pep Carlo Klopp Conte? Enrique has a world cup as does Tite. Or the 2 I've already named? Xavi looks a good coach but we don't know enough yet whoelse is there ? Nagelsmann? then who else? It's looking very bare once you get past the big known names.

The only free person is Mancini but he can blow hot and cold and can be a pain in the ass as well.

There's no way Zizou is interested in club management fukkery anymore. That dude is waiting for that France job or bust.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
There's no way Zizou is interested in club management fukkery anymore. That dude is waiting for that France job or bust.

Putting Zidane name there was more rhetoric. To name names of who really is there to hire. Zidanes wife hated Turin what you think she's going to make of England. Zidane to France is like the worst kept secret. Disgrachamps knows he's on his last legs and the French public won't accept anyone else but Zidane. So Zidane being named isn't serious.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
About time Ajax started kudus even tho it’s false 9 role which isn’t his natural position. No clue how slow and old man blind can start in CL game as a fullback :mjlol:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
graham potter eh ? :mjlol:

They should go for Pochettino. Its a young team. I think Poch is best option for them.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
4sfdrv4nffm91.jpg

Not to get all chatty patty, but I dont think the divorce helped either. :hubie:That Brazilian jumpoff he had obviously wasnt doing enough.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
My concern about Potter is purely down to whether the players will respect his authority enough due to him not being accomplished from a winning perspective. If he can get the players to buy in then they should do well but this squad has shown for the last 2-3 seasons that there are character issues and it seems like it doesn’t take much for there to be fallings out in the changing room.

I like Potter and even wanted him at Arsenal over Arteta because I think he’d be better suited to a rebuild/young squad if he’s going to a big club. Given the amount spent on Chelsea’s squad, he’s going to have to hit the ground running.

I think Zidane would probably be the best big name to come in and command respect but he‘s made it clear that he doesn’t want to live in England. Mancini would also make sense but I get the feeling that he’s not gonna get off his sofa unless Madrid, Juve or Milan calls.

Lampard lost the senior players Tuchel looks like he lost the squad on the performances barring Spurs. If the coach is lacking communication then the bad side of the players will show itsself eventually. Tuchels communication has been shocking all summer.

If you have a good environment the training is fun and not boring/repetitive. You're upfront honest and treat the players fairly and treat the ones you arent using i.e players 19-23 with respect and not alienate them and they feel they do have a chance of getting games you won't lose the squad.

Football like in any other work environment if the main workforce are enjoying their jobs and coming into work happy ready to go the results will show themselves.

Also with Tuchel im sure it didnt go unnoticed that he didn't really phuck with the academy players barring the already established names like Mount James and RLC when fit.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
At least the excuse with Celtic losing yesterday was that Real Madrid tired them out and picked them apart.

Ajax are good bur Rangers looking scust right now.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This might be one of the most reactionary decisions I’ve ever seen in football unless Boehly already had someone in mind.
I disagree, seems like Boehly gave Tuchel every opportunity to be a big part of the rebuild but Tuchel was disgruntled and moody by all accounts.

He didn't want to be involved in the transfer side of things.

He was sulking about losing Petr Cech.

He didn't want to have an input on future sporting director.

But most importantly he lost the players/locker room. Around seven first team players left this transfer window and still 7-8 more either wanted to leave or were on the verge of leaving, and now further unsettled. With Rudiger gone and Azpi checked out they also have no leadership, you can't expect a 22-year old Reece James to do it all (he just go bullied off of a free kick yesterday).

And then on top of all of that add losing matches and Tuchel was cooked.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
4sfdrv4nffm91.jpg

Not to get all chatty patty, but I dont think the divorce helped either. :hubie:That Brazilian jumpoff he had obviously wasnt doing enough.

The C Tart thing is an easy excuse. Tuchel being negative with his talk all summer since the takeover completed was more of an issue tbh. Cech leaving pre season complaining about the players and not being ready etc etc the whole Conte incident.

Maybe Tuchel wife was the real tactical genius out of husband and wife duo.

Tuchel trying to scribble on a napkin a new formation on how to fit 8 defenders in the line up between sex sessions and the Brazilian girlfriend is basically ready to go again.