Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
"Pogba's laziness has permeated down into the roots of this club."

DiOJXUeXcAEkjmA.jpg

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The question was asked, was Arsenal ever this bad against a team outside the top six....your argument doesn't hold any water....

yeah southampton ..

here game 1

Screenshot-2022-08-13-at-19-41-57.png

and game 2

"It’s hard to imagine now but that’s exactly what Fergie did, 25 years ago this week, when Man United went to play then struggling Southampton at The Dell and fell 3-0 down at the break, wearing a grey kit that never saw the light of day again after that match. United came out after halftime wearing a blue and white kit and won the second half 1-0."

my mistake man utd lost both. i thoght they came back.

is that "holding enough water" for you:mjlol::hubie:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
it questionable as to whether city were an established "top six" team back then.

in retrospect it could be argued but wolves, leicester like performance (at that time) didn't quite cut it IMO

Screenshot-2022-08-13-at-19-32-55.png

in the 5 previous seasons man city got 14th, 9th, 10th, 5th and 3rd which back then was not really "top 6" established.

@hashmander
look the flaw isn't you using the man city defeat as an example of something like arsenal losing to a team badly outside the top 6. the flaw is you thinking that's one of our low seasons (like these are united's low seasons).

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
He put too many noses out of place and got sabotaged especially by that John Murtough.
Yeah Murtough definitely looked to cover his own ass but I also think Ralf was looking for a way out when be realized what he was dealing with.

My favorite Ralf leak was him trying to figure out who sanctioned purchases of Amad and Pellistri (two 18 year old right wingers) in consecutive years for over 50m instead of buying a defensive midfielder.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
look the flaw isn't you using the man city defeat as an example of something like arsenal losing to a team badly outside the top 6. the flaw is you thinking that's one of our low seasons (like these are united's low seasons).

i just meant the isolated matches. i wouldn't write off this season just yet though.

it's only 2 matches.