Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm sure if City came back with 55m he would've went there instead of Chelsea.

Cucurella's a great player but not really necessary with Alonso and Chilwell still there.

Sesko and de Jong don't make sense for them either. They might be doing the old Ed Woodward transfer trick, sign whoever City is rumored to be interested in :heh:
Plus Emerson & Baba Rahman:skip:

Either way, I think TT sees ham as an option for the left centre back position:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm sure if City came back with 55m he would've went there instead of Chelsea.

Cucurella's a great player but not really necessary with Alonso and Chilwell still there.

Sesko and de Jong don't make sense for them either. They might be doing the old Ed Woodward transfer trick, sign whoever City is rumored to be interested in :heh:

Chelsea needs a proper forward so Sesko makes sense. Also, between Kante and Kovacic, they need a reliable, fit midfielder.

Alonso gonna be gone to Barca is a year or two max so might as well get a replacement now.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Chelsea needs a proper forward so Sesko makes sense. Also, between Kante and Kovacic, they need a reliable, fit midfielder.

Alonso gonna be gone to Barca is a year or two max so might as well get a replacement now.
Sesko is 19 years old and scored 5 goals in Austrian league. While he might be a great talent they need a striker right now. FDJ is a big upgrade on Kovacic and Jorginho but at least they have those two in the midfield, they have no striker and defenders.

If they have enough money to buy FDJ (pay his wages), spend big money on a young forward and then on top of that get a Premier League ready striker and defender then good for them.

Switch

All Star
Daps
Just seen Chelsea might be in for Auba? I know they need a striker but still surprised me

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Just seen Chelsea might be in for Auba? I know they need a striker but still surprised me

100% think that could work if Auba’s mind is still there. He’s good enough to lead the line and not play 2nd fiddle to Lewa.

Auba likes London and did well at Arsenal prior to his last 1.5 yrs.

Chelsea need a ready made striker for the next 1-2 yrs and the young striker market is in the mud atm.