Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
While I think Tielemans is a good player. He has the same amount of club football in his legs than Zinchenko and Jesus combine. I know people want to move on from Xhaka but not sure if Tielemans is the one to do that.

Going off what happened at Liverpool with Sterling and Gerrard I'm blaming Brodge for the wrongs at Leicester. I reckon hes looking for a way out like he usually does. He wants a Big 6 job.

He's spent money and hardly of his signings have worked out last year. Yeah I know Leicester had injuries but something feels wrong there. Especially when either your senior pros/best players are looking for a way out. There was rumours of Vardy to America a while back. I reckon Brodge has asked for more money the Thai owner have told him we gave you money last year you must sell to buy.

I rate Tielemans but I agree with the amount of mileage he’s got on his legs. He’s also had bouts of being injury prone so whilst I’d be happy if we sign him, we need another signing in midfield to go alongside him. I’d love Ndidi too since Leicester need to sell :lolbron:

Rodgers was definitely vying for that Man Utd job last season and I feel like he’s been sandbagging it ever since. Daka could be a good replacement for Vardy eventually and Soumare was an underwhelming signing but they have the foundations of a good team but that attack needs a refresh. The problem with them needing to sell to buy is that all their players with value are key players that I can’t see them getting adequate replacements for (Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana, etc).

They need to go back to their old system of scouting well and bringing in low status players with talent.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I rate Tielemans but I agree with the amount of mileage he’s got on his legs. He’s also had bouts of being injury prone so whilst I’d be happy if we sign him, we need another signing in midfield to go alongside him. I’d love Ndidi too since Leicester need to sell :lolbron:

Rodgers was definitely vying for that Man Utd job last season and I feel like he’s been sandbagging it ever since. Daka could be a good replacement for Vardy eventually and Soumare was an underwhelming signing but they have the foundations of a good team but that attack needs a refresh. The problem with them needing to sell to buy is that all their players with value are key players that I can’t see them getting adequate replacements for (Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana, etc).

They need to go back to their old system of scouting well and bringing in low status players with talent.

Leicester have no Europe and haven't sold a player of any value since Chilwell 2 summers ago. For a club like Leicester that isn't sustainable thats how these clubs get into financial difficulties in the first place. Also the squad still has majority of the players whove bottled b2b CL places its looks like the cycle has ended for them. They have to sell to buy.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Leicester have no Europe and haven't sold a player of any value since Chilwell 2 summers ago. For a club like Leicester that isn't sustainable thats how these clubs get into financial difficulties in the first place. Also the squad still has majority of the players whove bottled b2b CL places its looks like the cycle has ended for them. They have to sell to buy.

The definitely have to refresh but they’re going to get worse before they get better. If they sell Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi & Fofana, I can’t see them finishing higher than 10th.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The definitely have to refresh but they’re going to get worse before they get better. If they sell Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi & Fofana, I can’t see them finishing higher than 10th.

This is from March

I don't see a market for Ndidi at the min any links to him have gone quiet. So I expect him to stay.

Unless Spurs come with a big bid I don't see Madders leaving for Newcastle this year. Unless Newcastle are paying 70m+. But the way Newcastle have operated in the transfer window so far I don't see them going that high. What was the opening bid 35-40m?

So it's left to Tielemans and Forfana. Tielemans is leaving either now Jan or next summer. Longer they leave it the less they are going to get. And Forfana isn't worth the 85m they want.

Daps
Leicester had to trim the wage bill, and their place as a challenger for European places has probably gone to Newcastle. This Leicester squad is probably borderline top 6, and that is presuming that Vardy doesn’t hit the wall. Rogers has a limited shelf-life, too, so I’d expect to see him fired / angling for an exit at some point before Christmas.

An amazing achievement to win the PL, but it is so fukking tough to sustain success with the established order, and now the mega money of Newcastle.

I don’t blame the owners for blowing up this squad and looking to trim some costs. As long as they don’t get sucked into the relegation fight toward the end of the season, I think it’s fine to have a couple of years of reshaping & consolidating.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

I know Sevilla like to go the cheap route and they want Bailly for around €15.
What's more concerning is how much Telles earn per week when we can only loan him out. And the club is still going to pay some of his wages..:gucci:

Aguero also calling Haaland a Bundesliga fraud :pachaha:
He's angry that they sold Sterling. :russ:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

I know Sevilla like to go the cheap route and they want Bailly for around €15.
What's more concerning is how much Telles earn per week when we can only loan him out. And the club is still going to pay some of his wages..:gucci:

He's angry that they sold Sterling. :russ:

We give out contracts like they're just sweets. No way Sevilla will pay nearly 80k pw for Telles. That's one of their highest earner.

Apparently this is 3 times his salary in Portugal.