Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Realistically, Conte was worth an extra 5pts over the course of last season if he managed the full 38 games = 3rd place, and still about 17pts short of the top. Signings this summer have been ok, but they're all pretty much fillers - £60m on Richarlison who wont even be a starter. Spurs will battle for top 4 again - Zero chance of top 2. Conte will send out a second string in the cups.

Spurs problem last season was struggling to breakdown low block teams and the short turn around games. I think the stat towards the end of season was Spurs struggled under Conte were games every 3 days. Once they went out of all the cups games every 5 days usually ended up in a positive result. With Conte's fitness regime that fixes the latter I don't see the signings that Spurs have made fix the former. Definitely better squad depth but that extra bit of creative magic I don't see it.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
During Barca's pre-season, Xavi has played a combination of Pedri, Kessie, Busquets, Gavi and Nico. :picard:

De Jong really gonna be their reserve CB. :damn:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Realistically, Conte was worth an extra 5pts over the course of last season if he managed the full 38 games = 3rd place, and still about 17pts short of the top. Signings this summer have been ok, but they're all pretty much fillers - £60m on Richarlison who wont even be a starter. Spurs will battle for top 4 again - Zero chance of top 2. Conte will send out a second string in the cups.
Yeah Spurs are pretty much a lock for 3rd place. Chelsea has done nothing to fix their problems from last year, they're actually regressing even more.

Arsenal improved on paper but I have a hard time putting my faith in them after that choke job last year. They'll need Martinelli, Saka and Nketiah to be consistent throughout the whole season. And they'll need Gabriel Jesus not to be a bytch.

I don't know why everyone is writing off Liverpool so early. Nunez should at least give them a different dimension in attack. Diaz will be even better with a pre-season and access to Liverpool's full training program. Injuries and World Cup fatigue might be only things that can take them out of the 2nd place.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I thought this before the preason friendly.

It has everything to do with continuity and player acquisitions.

I had a whole paragraph typed out in response to this, but your next post let me know what time it is:

Like I said, Chelsea and Manchester United have not really made any progressive moves in the transfer market.

Liverpool sold three attackers including one of their most valuable players. Mane was a workhorse that also contributed goals. I think they will feel his abscene in the squad. Plus they don't have any serious depth. I think Klopp has gotten the best out of this squad as constituted. You would need to make a move like City did for Haaland in order to stay at the same level or improve further. Mane has been proven in the Prem, Darwin Nunez has not.

Arsenal have made some good transfers. Gabriel imo is a steal. He is an underrated striker (remember he often came off the bench). He has the potential to be the top scorer in the league the way Arsenal attacks.

Chelsea have not improved at all. Sterling is not really an improvement and there is a lot of uncertainty in the locker room. I think the team will struggle this season. United have not improved at all. They even had Ronaldo publicly wanting out. They aren't able to attract the same talent anymore.

Good one breh! You had me going for a minute! :russ:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Its the butcher nikka! :childplease:

https:%2F%2Fperegrine-api.onefootball.com%2Fv2%2Fphotobooth%2Fcms%2Fen%2F22640733

Run it back. :mjcry: