Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now this is EXACTLY the kind of news that fuks my mood up

Antony was available for 50 million in May/June but we pissed about and now Ajax want 100 million for him.

So to sum up our transfer window so far:

1.We have a signed a left back from Feyenoord to challenge Luke Shaw

2. We have signed Eriksen on a free transfer

3. We have overpaid for Martinez

4. FDJ doesn't want to come here

5. Ronaldo doesn't want to stay here

6. And now we have missed out on Antony

Seriously where are we going as a football club?

Last edited:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Spurs problem last season was struggling to breakdown low block teams and the short turn around games. I think the stat towards the end of season was Spurs struggled under Conte were games every 3 days. Once they went out of all the cups games every 5 days usually ended up in a positive result. With Conte's fitness regime that fixes the latter I don't see the signings that Spurs have made fix the former. Definitely better squad depth but that extra bit of creative magic I don't see it.
That’s why I’m hoping we get Maddison instead of zaniolo. We missing are creative AM in the mold of eriksen

Last edited:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously where are we going as a football club?
incompetence, but itll be interesting to see if we ever get insight on how/why the window was botched. were they afraid of a potential bidding war by going in early for antony or did they think it would negatively affect their bargaining position with barca for de jong. anything that comes out will be a pr spin job instead of looking within and internally saying we fukked up now long term lets not ever repeat this fiasco, short term is there anybody we can bring in that will bolster this squad.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
incompetence, but itll be interesting to see if we ever get insight on how/why the window was botched. were they afraid of a potential bidding war by going in early for antony or did they think it would negatively affect their bargaining position with barca for de jong. anything that comes out will be a pr spin job instead of looking within and internally saying we fukked up now long term lets not ever repeat this fiasco, short term is there anybody we can bring in that will bolster this squad.
Ajax lost some of their players already. Martinez and Antony are important players they wanted to keep, so they weren't going to sell both in the same window.

Man Utd chose Martinez first because Arsenal were intrested (had 2 bids rejected) which lead to us overpaying and it also helped that Martinez pushed for the move. Ajax got thier money which meant that they were definitely not selling Antony now. So they put up a "fukk off" price of €70M and increased it to €100M to send a message to Man Utd to look somewhere else and to Antony that "he ain't going nowhere" unless Utd are dumb enough to pay, since Ajax don't need to sell.

Think Man Utd are actually trying to get the players Ten Hag wants, problem is one aren't willing sell another one of their players (Antony) and one has isn't willing to move to Manchester and they're owed money (De Jong).

Heard Memphis Depay is available for €20M and Barca want to sell. Ivan Toney is worth 40M but I think that rumor is dead and that Sesko kid from Salzburg is 55M.

:russ:

Still got one more month of the transfer window so anything can happen, but unfortunately the season starts next week and we still got these mediocre clowns in the sqaud.
Looking like another shyt season with better football. :snoop:

Last edited: