Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Surely, Everton are favourites to get relegated? Their team is a mess and they still need to balance their books and sell players. I just can’t see how they’re able to field a competitive enough squad to stay up unless Lampard is able to get some Cobham boys on loan again.
The teams that come up will be, by and large, the favourites to go back down.

Everton definitely should be amongst the favourites, though. Lampard is a dreadful manager, and that squad is bang-average at best.

If I were a betting man, I'd definitely be lumping on them to go & be buying the under on their points totals.

A change of manager would go some way to change my mind a little.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The teams that come up will be, by and large, the favourites to go back down.

Everton definitely should be amongst the favourites, though. Lampard is a dreadful manager, and that squad is bang-average at best.

If I were a betting man, I'd definitely be lumping on them to go & be buying the under on their points totals.

A change of manager would go some way to change my mind a little.

Of the three new teams, I would say Forest are most likely to go back down but even they’ve made some good signings and I think they’ll give teams a hard time like they showed in the FA Cup.

If Everton’s financial situation is as bad as being reported, there’s a potential risk of points deductions and that will definitely send them down. None of the players in that squad are built for relegation scraps.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Of the three new teams, I would say Forest are most likely to go back down but even they’ve made some good signings and I think they’ll give teams a hard time like they showed in the FA Cup.

If Everton’s financial situation is as bad as being reported, there’s a potential risk of points deductions and that will definitely send them down. None of the players in that squad are built for relegation scraps.
If Fulham don't sort out that defence, they will be going back down.

Daps

I think the points deduction is the real elephant in the room, over and above Fwank and the players. They spent some crazy money on dross, and I’d imagine that there are a fair few players on decent wages, so, relative to turn-over, they are surely at risk.

They’d be in deep shyt if they went down. A similar situation to Boro, Blackburn, and the previous incarnations of City & Leeds, I’d imagine.

Scary times being a Bluenose, i’d imagine.

Daps
From memory, they just couldn’t score last time they were up, either. Was slightly bizarre as they were scoring for fun in the Champo, especially Mitrovic.

Daps
I’d imagine that the teams lower down will lose too many to the WC, though, so maybe can rest their players for the end of season Battle Royale. It should be really competitive at both ends this season.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

I’m sure they’ll get a couple signings in but I think they’re gonna try to play like how they did last season and just out score teams. They’ll get battered by the top 4 but I could see them getting enough points off the teams around them.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I think the points deduction is the real elephant in the room, over and above Fwank and the players. They spent some crazy money on dross, and I’d imagine that there are a fair few players on decent wages, so, relative to turn-over, they are surely at risk.

They’d be in deep shyt if they went down. A similar situation to Boro, Blackburn, and the previous incarnations of City & Leeds, I’d imagine.

Scary times being a Bluenose, i’d imagine.

I remember reading in The Athletic that they have to balance their books ASAP otherwise a points sanction is a strong possibility. None of their recent signings have relegation clauses in their contracts either so if they got relegated, they would literally collapse under the size of their wage bill. They’ve also got construction to finish off as well so it really is looming bleak for them.

Daps
I remember reading in The Athletic that they have to balance their books ASAP otherwise a points sanction is a strong possibility. None of their recent signings have relegation clauses in their contracts either so if they got relegated, they would literally collapse under the size of their wage bill. They’ve also got construction to finish off as well so it really is looming bleak for them.
I think that the Richarlison sale was absolutely essential to that happening. I think that it had to be done by end of June to save them from being sanctioned. I’m sure that more will need to follow to be in compliance next year, too. They’re in a brutal spot, as they have to sell any decent players, thus weakening themselves, and possibly even strengthen their rivals In the process.

Even if they escape this year I can’t envisage them continuing to do so, particularly now that Usmanov has gone. Moshri seems to have very little clue, either.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
What you've all been waiting for 22/23 Fantasy Football

Classic

H2H