Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Lost out to Brentford:picard:

Club is finished:mjlol:

Probably staying in London for family purposes or going abroad.

We gonna need 2 more midfielders after De Jong.

The excuse about this slow ass transfer window is because of us focusing on De Jong. :mjlol:

Wasted a month of haggling with Barca to eventually pay the fee that they wanted as per usual with Man Utd...

Lyon made 3 bids. Feyenoord probably waiting for us to overbid for him.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Probably staying in London for family purposes or going abroad.

We gonna need 2 more midfielders after De Jong.

The excuse about this slow ass transfer window is because of us focusing on De Jong. :mjlol:

Wasted a month of haggling with Barca to eventually pay the fee that they wanted as per usual with Man Utd...

Lyon made 3 bids. Feyenoord probably waiting for us to overbid for him.

Lyon dont even have European football this season. :skip:

concise

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:
He can’t believe he’s walking in the streets without getting stormed.

America must be the GOAT vacation spot for Euro stars. :blessed:

Thierry Henry used to speak often about how amazed he was with his relative anonymity in New York and even used to take the train to Red Bulls matches sometimes. Something he could never dream of doing in London or Barcelona. :pachaha:

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
America must be the GOAT vacation spot for Euro stars. :blessed:

Thierry Henry used to speak often about how amazed he was with his relative anonymity in New York and even used to take the train to Red Bulls matches sometimes. Something he could never dream of doing in London or Barcelona. :pachaha:
In a recent video I think Jamie, Henry and Micah richards all voted New York for best restaurants.

Anonymity must play a role, I bet

concise

Veteran
Daps
In a recent video I think Jamie, Henry and Micah richards all voted New York for best restaurants.

Anonymity must play a role, I bet

There's anonymity and there's also the fact that if you frequent certain areas for work or whatever, you will see celebrities out and about ... even if people see you, you might get a shout, but you are not getting mobbed. So even if you get noticed, it's not the same.

s@n

All Star
Daps
A couple of things. He's only been the sole owner of Arsenal for like 2-3 years. So he has no more excuse.

Also over the past 2 years the Rams and Nuggets players have been rewarded with number of big contracts so at some point he had to show Arsenal the same love.

He's made killing off the LA stadium and Real estate.

Don't get too use to Arsenal spending money like this. If you hear Edu speak it looks like theyre building a squad NOW that can be around together for the next 4-5 years. So reading in-between the lines it looks like spend big last and this summer with the following years it will be like one big/biggish transfer a year coming in and/or maybe one big departure to fund the incoming transfers. :hubie:
I just want to add that he also owns the Colorado Avalanche. If win, he'll have two chips in less than a year. He will hunger for more improvement, especially from the most high-profile team in his stable. This will be a strong summer (I fukking hope).