Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Seattle and Vancouver make a lot of sense as a hub, and Arrowhead is one of the few NFL stadiums that has actual grass.

Really hope Philly gets picked.
I saw some blue check Canadian sports media saying that Vancouver was going to get six games, and I knew that meant that Seattle probably got picked too as a travel partner. Two hours each way by land isn't bad at all.

It's probably too bad that Portland only has Providence Park because really all the Cascadia cities probably should host. It's a hotbed for the game up here + four hour travel from Vancouver to Portland. Oh well.

Makes no sense to have Seattle and Vancouver as host cities....

:gucci:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Makes no sense to have Seattle and Vancouver as host cities....

Going by this logic the east coast doesn't need Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, and DC. Probably should just have one of those cities.

The PNW has shown its support for the sport and having 2 host cities close by but in 2 different countries seems ideal. Plus they will bring in the Asian crowds who won't likely travel all the way to the Midwest/East coast.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Going by this logic the east coast doesn't need Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, and DC. Probably should just have one of those cities.

The PNW has shown its support for the sport and having 2 host cities close by but in 2 different countries seems ideal. Plus they will bring in the Asian crowds who won't likely travel all the way to the Midwest/East coast.
All those east coast dont need to be hosts tho....Hate to say it Vancouver has done nothing to prove it deserves to be a host city in fact they just had a shytty crowd for a Canada/Curacao friendly.....

concise

Veteran
Daps
I saw some blue check Canadian sports media saying that Vancouver was going to get six games, and I knew that meant that Seattle probably got picked too as a travel partner. Two hours each way by land isn't bad at all.

It's probably too bad that Portland only has Providence Park because really all the Cascadia cities probably should host. It's a hotbed for the game up here + four hour travel from Vancouver to Portland. Oh well.

:gucci:

yea, idk what dude is talking about, they should have the venues grouped like that because this is an event being hosted by 3 huge countries and flying back and forth all over the continent is a dumb idea ... even the last Euros with all the host cities kept each group playing in only 2 cities.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
yea, idk what dude is talking about, they should have the venues grouped like that because this is an event being hosted by 3 huge countries and flying back and forth all over the continent is a dumb idea ... even the last Euros with all the host cities kept each group playing in only 2 cities.

You could have picked any number of cities relatively close by that deserved it more than Vancouver....

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
All those east coast dont need to be hosts tho....Hate to say it Vancouver has done nothing to prove it deserves to be a host city in fact they just had a shytty crowd for a Canada/Curacao friendly.....

We both know NYC is getting one. Heard Philly is really pushing for one and I bet they get. Boston though a historic town I don't think will get it. Just depends if they want to give DC one.

As for the Vancouver, I'm ok if they get. We both know Toronto is going to get it and I could see them thinking they cover all of Canada with a west and east coast host city. Did Vancouver do much to deserve it no, but Vancouver is a big international city with money.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
We both know NYC is getting one. Heard Philly is really pushing for one and I bet they get. Boston though a historic town I don't think will get it. Just depends if they want to give DC one.

As for the Vancouver, I'm ok if they get. We both know Toronto is going to get it and I could see them thinking they cover all of Canada with a west and east coast host city. Did Vancouver do much to deserve it no, but Vancouver is a big international city with money.

Montreal would have been so much more lit as a host city....dayum shame that politics gets in the way.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

Baltimore will be the pick if the area gets one as Fed Ex dropped out and I'm glad it did. The stadium sucks.