Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
15/16 I got right. One I missed was Boston and honestly Boston is a sports down, but that stadium is not near DT Boston. Boston hasn't done much to warrant being a host. Should have gone with Nashville as it's more central and all of it's party night life would have been a huge draw for the tournament.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Barca execs gonna mortgage/sell off every single part of the club by the time they're done. They can't be competitive and cut down the debt at the same time. Bc that monstrosity is only growing larger and larger :dead: :russ:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
And La Liga is feeling the pressure for lack of stars with Haaland going to City and Mbappe staying at PSG. now they filing complaints.... :francis:

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
I'm guessing each host city gets a group since the format is going to be 16 groups of 3.

Any word on the hosts of the Knockout stages or is that down the line?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
15/16 I got right. One I missed was Boston and honestly Boston is a sports down, but that stadium is not near DT Boston. Boston hasn't done much to warrant being a host. Should have gone with Nashville as it's more central and all of it's party night life would have been a huge draw for the tournament.

Can you care to explain why KC and Seattle got picked over say DC/DMV or Chicago?

Boston I kinda get. On the East coast and is an iconic American city. You want people in cities that leave them with a lasting impression or in a city that has the infrastructure to hold such an event.

I think I get Seattle. I think the Sounders have the best football culture in the US so for the WC they’d have events for the fans. Cool.

But KC?!?!
I wonder how many broads Mane has pissed off with this quote :pachaha:
Breh, I saw this on Reddit soccer. The comments are from some brain dead fools. I mean anyone who’s watches Mane knows he’s a humble, pious Muslim and ain’t with all the extra stuff (thus far haven’t heard him in any scandals).

He just doesn’t want an iG thot as a wife.

Redditors out there on some “ohh hes such a bigot etc”

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Can you care to explain why KC and Seattle got picked over say DC/DMV or Chicago?

Boston I kinda get. On the East coast and is an iconic American city. You want people in cities that leave them with a lasting impression or in a city that has the infrastructure to hold such an event.

I think I get Seattle. I think the Sounders have the best football culture in the US so for the WC they’d have events for the fans. Cool.

But KC?!?!

Breh, I saw this on Reddit soccer. The comments are from some brain dead fools. I mean anyone who’s watches Mane knows he’s a humble, pious Muslim and ain’t with all the extra stuff (thus far haven’t heard him in any scandals).

He just doesn’t want an iG thot as a wife.

Redditors out there on some “ohh hes such a bigot etc”

You pretty much nailed it on Seattle. USMNT last played here in 2016 vs Ecuador in the Copa Americas Quarterfinals game and all the praise from the players was how amazing of an atmosphere it was. Add that feedback with the Sounders MLS CUP/Champions League finals and Seattle has shown it can host a big game and the atmosphere will be electric. Adding the close proximity to Portland and knowing that their fans will travel well to the games, it's a no brainer to me. It also represents all the PNW.

KC has shown time and time again that it can be a very good sports town and does well on the MLS stage. I think they lucked out based on wanting a team located in the Midwest.

As for DC, they got negative feedback when they toured FedEX. Stadium needed too much work and I just think the DC/Baltimore bid didn't wow people. It's weird to not be in the nations capital and DC has hosted massive games in the past, but Philly and their newer stadium seemed to wow FIFA. Personally feel like Boston is the city that shouldn't be hosting games.