Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
God damn brehs im sitting on a beach right, hot as fukk, brazilian bytches in bikinis all around, and you lot are talking about some football?!

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
God damn brehs, on holidays in Brazil at Guarapari and how I wish I wasnt in a "serious relationship". Tips on why i should be single, they help

Guarapari has an extremely high level of background radiation, some 175 mSv per year. Along a roughly 500-mile portion of Brazil's Atlantic coast that runs from north of Rio de Janeiro up to the region south of Bahia, the sands of old beaches are naturally radioactive. Sea waves pound coastal mountains rich in monazite, a phosphate of rare earth metals containing uranium and thorium.

:heh:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
So Sagan didn't get his hair cut?

stevieray.gif

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
SoccerAmerica - The Latest Rot Mystery Show 12/27/2012

The major difficulty for a foreign coach arriving in MLS is the impression that he will have -- and they all have it, without exception, either overtly or subconsciously -- that he knows more about the sport than any American he will work with or is likely to encounter.

That attitude (and let’s be clear about this, it is an attitude that is often encouraged by American sycophancy) is almost enough in itself to ensure failure. It is an attitude that is not to be found in American coaches, and its absence gives them a crucial edge over the foreigners.

There are, then, substantial reasons for the Rots to avoid another foreign coach. Though there are those who believe that the locker-room presence of Thierry Henry means they already have one.

Returning to those damning stats about foreign coach in MLS. I don’t think anything arcane lies behind them. They simply reflect the difficulties facing a coach who ventures, without adequate knowledge, into new territory.

That would be McAllister. Like both Houllier and Roxburgh, he is short of on-the-ground knowledge of the American game. His comments on American soccer, duly recorded by The Scottish Sun make embarrassing reading. For instance: “The game is thriving in the USA. David Beckham did a fantastic job in putting the sport on the map there.”

After that preposterous coronation of DB, try this: “The standard of the MLS has improved.” OK, we have to put up with this all the time -- McAllister is certainly not the first foreign coach or player to utter those lines. But they still grate. Because they imply that MLS used to be (and not that long ago) not much good; but has now improved (thanks exclusively to Beckham, it seems) and is now good enough for ... well, for McAllister to take an interest. And I must admit an impudent temptation to ask him whether Scottish soccer “has improved” lately?

McAllister, I’m sure, would deny he intended any of those implications. And quite probably he didn’t -- in which case he might want to choose his words more carefully, and suit them more to the reality of the situation here. But that would be difficult for him to do -- because, clearly, he knows little about what he calls “the” MLS.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I actually would've been hot if Sagan cut his hair.

His piss colored braids are an arsenal tradition, along with shyt defending, wumming, balance sheets, 4th place, sleeping bag jackets and general ineptitude in the final third
0COsx.png