Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Nah we really really needed that CL Spot.

Fukk all that we are Europa League level talk,
I get what you guys are saying, but we can't kick on and bring in the necessary players to kick onto the next level without CL.

We have a good base despite recent results, ultimately our season has fell apart on squad depth and not having a striker.
The fact we even challenged for top 4 with this squad was an overachievement.
With the right additions we could have a very solid squad but I'm thinking we will only attract the same level of player we already have now..

Arsenal lost 5 of the last 10 games :damn:

The receipts checked out for them with that cheating Arteta pulled in January with pulling out of the NLD with 1 covid case and sending 4 players on loan. Had he just sucked it up and played the game, it wouldve meant nothing had they lost back in Jan.
Having said that, Spurs could pull the ultimate bottle job on Sunday and lose to Norwich :dead:

Overall, the stars aligned for Arteta this season perfectly with Spurs and Utd having terrible starts and sacking managers in November. Additionally West Ham fully took their foot off the gas in the league April onwards due to Europa League. . . Squad depth issues/no strikers at arsenal are solely on Artetas head

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Funny, all those posters who were getting at me for saying Arteta is not built for this level are silent now. No longer puffing out your chest telling me I’m just a hater.

I don’t derive any pleasure by going “I told you so!” Anyone with a half decent brain could see how incompetent he was. All we needed was 3 wins from 5 winnable games. Even 2 wins and a draw. We couldn’t even muster that.

But we get what we deserved. Signed an extension on a manager who had yet to do the bare minimum. Man Utd will improve next season, Top 4 is in Tottenham’s hands. Even West Ham look like surpassing us.

Baby steps? This team are struggling to get out of the womb. Embarrassing.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Arsenal lost 6 of the last 10 games :damn:

The receipts checked out for them with that cheating Arteta pulled in January with pulling out of the NLD with 1 covid case and sending 4 players on loan. Had he just sucked it up and played the game, it wouldve meant nothing had they lost back in Jan.
Having said that, Spurs could pull the ultimate bottle job on Sunday and lose to Norwich :dead:

Overall, the stars aligned for Arteta this season perfectly with Spurs and Utd having terrible starts and sacking managers in November. Additionally West Ham fully took their foot off the gas in the league April onwards due to Europa League. . . Squad depth issues/no strikers at arsenal are solely on Artetas head

PL sanctioned that not Arsenal's fault.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Top 4 was lost in January. Hard to ask a young team to win with no reinforcements. Sports is about striking when the iron is hot, Arsenal blew it when they were telling folks they were ahead of schedule. I enjoyed this season, despite the ending. I took this team for what it is.

Manager gotta learn how to rotate a squad and rest players.

Move Martinelli and Tierney to the bench. Overspend.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
PL sanctioned that not Arsenal's fault.
Thats right, PL sanctioned that request from ARSENAL :pachaha:, then immediately clarified the rules to 4 covid cases for postponements. If i recall, arsenal were claiming they didnt have enough players to make a match day squad because of 1 covid case, and 4 cases of loaning players out to duck the NLD :mjgrin:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Top 4 was lost in January. Hard to ask a young team to win with no reinforcements. Sports is about striking when the iron is hot, Arsenal blew it when they were telling folks they were ahead of schedule. I enjoyed this season, despite the ending. I took this team for what it is.
shaq-facepalm.gif

This has to be Arteta’s burner account. I can’t fathom any Arsenal fan having this
level of delusion. Top 4 has been lost and found numerous times over the past 3 months.

We had no European football, were knocked out of the FA Cup early. West Ham had bottled it, Man Utd were going through it. All we had to do was simply finish above Spurs. Top 4 was literally handed to us on a plate.

This young squad apparently isn’t good enough but were able to beat Chelsea and Man Utd and held their own against Liverpool and City. So either this team simply doesn’t have the talent or they don’t have a manager to bring out the consistency and tactics.

I’d have no problem if we were just shyt the whole season through and finished 8th/9th and the other teams above us were just better.

But there’s one common denominator here. I don’t know why so many of you have this man’s Basque Balls in your mouth but it’s embarrassing. Literally just needed two damn wins to scrape for 4th. Just two!!!! Somehow, that was asking too much.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
when you look at the games in which arsenal dropped pts its rather disgusting

tied brighton (fair)
tied burnley at home
tied palace at home

lost to palace, southampton, brighton at home, newcastle, brentford, everton

same team won at chelsea, beat Man U, wolves twice, leicester twice, tottenham at home etc

they are the maple leafs of the EPL at this point. its all mental with them

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i was mad when they postponed the game

tottenham was at a very weak point during and i knew if they made it the final game of the season the pressure would be too high

oh well

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Arteta out here struggling with one game a week

How’s he going to do next year with Thursdays , sundays and cup games

Prob back to finishing 8th

Guendouzi, Saliba, auba, maitland Niles, torreira

Spent all this money on white, tomayishu and ramsdale and yet we have given up more goals this year

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
when you look at the games in which arsenal dropped pts its rather disgusting

tied brighton (fair)
tied burnley at home
tied palace at home

lost to palace, southampton, brighton at home, newcastle, brentford, everton

same team won at chelsea, beat Man U, wolves twice, leicester twice, tottenham at home etc

they are the maple leafs of the EPL at this point. its all mental with them

Bottle jobs

Tottenham could bottle it against Norwich and fat frank world ease Everton over Arsenal