Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Went to sleep at 85 min. Man city in the final
Woke up , went to work
Opened my laptop 20 minutes ago.
Browsing the net, ready to read 'All English final,etc...'
:gucci:AND now have been busy watching YouTube highlights while laughing uncontrollably :deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:HOW. HOW! HOW?

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
That was the greatest sporting event I've ever been to.

@beejus that place was loud as hell all night.

Won't even neg this shyt. Got too much shyt to talk about every other MLS squad. :mjlit:

That Galaxy/DC shyt from last millennium don't count, either. Everyone can get it.
:salute: to y'all for your cup win. Now your fan base is going to be even more annoying, great:martin:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Isnt clarence a ac milan legend??i mean he played a few years in madrid( i know he won the cl) anyway lol who cares :lolbron: its just weird

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Even though City could have played until today and wouldn't have scored another, the added time situation at the end was fukking wild. Just 3 minutes, then the amount of time wasting in said 3 minutes then not even playing the full 3 minutes :dead:

breh, no football was played in the second half of ET

City got a taste of Serie A officiating :laff:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain why MLS teams have never won the CONCACAF CL till now? Is gap in quality that big or were they not taking it seriously?

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Can someone explain why MLS teams have never won the CONCACAF CL till now? Is gap in quality that big or were they not taking it seriously?

Biggest reason is MLS salary cap has limited the talent that any MLS team can actually have. MLS teams (not all owners care) have gotten more talented over the last 5 years and closes the gap in talent, but Mexico without having a salary cap can build a better team.

Another reason MLS has faired so poorly is because Champions League is usually going on in the spring when MLS season is just starting. Meanwhile Liga MX teams are more in form as their season has been going for awhile.

Seattle though made it their priority and mission to win Champions League. They are struggling in the early stages of the MLS season as they’ve been resting stars and playing role players. All you have to be is in the top 7 to make the MLS playoffs and from there anything goes. So a team like Seattle who is seeded 5-7th can do damage in the playoffs and still win the MLS championship even with their early Champions League distraction.