Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea also have CL heritage to be fair.

The difference is the counter attack that led to the Real Madrid goal. I think it was tall ass Loftus Cheek not being able to win a header if I recall correctly that started everything.

Proper CL heritage :wow: and we're seeing it in 8k :blessed:

We lived the dream last night only to be undone by a Rudiger slip (and ultimately a keeper error in the first leg).

Nah last season was literally the same team as this one except for Sergio Ramos and Hazard.

Plus, if you want to play the injury game, Chelsea had a few players out injured this season too.

Lol man is trying to revise history because they snuck through the tie. Shameless :dead:

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a United fan, its been an absolute joy watching the game last night between Chelsea and Madrid and liverpool and City on the weekend

I have been missing out on these neutral games and seeing football being played at a world class level.

I think its time for someone like me to vicariously live through the success of top clubs.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a United fan, its been an absolute joy watching the game last night between Chelsea and Madrid and liverpool and City on the weekend

I have been missing out on these neutral games and seeing football being played at a world class level.

I think its time for someone like me to vicariously live through the success of top clubs.
I don't like Ten Hag to Utd. What you thinking? He doesn't have experience with a club the size of utd. Will run into the same problems previous managers did.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't like Ten Hag to Utd. What you thinking? He doesn't have experience with a club the size of utd. Will run into the same problems previous managers did.

What's LVG and Mourinho excuse?

Real Barca Bayern have all hired inexperienced coaches and or coaches that have failed before all in the last decade. That's different because they were players at those clubs and know the expectations? So it's ok for teams who've won 24 CL's between them but not for a club who only has won 3?

He's worked at Bayern and Ajax both are big clubs. Their expectations are to win everything. They probably have higher expectations than what United have under the Glazers right now.

United need fresh ideas and new blood. They've tried the band aid approach (using serial winners) and it hasn't worked and are falling behind the other teams in England. You really think these United players are going to enjoy Pochs double training sessions. :mjlol:

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
It’s an excellent hire in isolation but it won’t matter if he can’t bin off half these overpaid PR merchants and instill his own culture. Depends on how much control he will have because these guys will quit on anyone knowing that ownership will pin it on the manager.

shyt was hilarious watching them try for Ralf for a half and then never again. Mans quit on their buddy Ole, and quit on Jose because he actually expected things of them. It’s the player culture that is one of the biggest issues

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

As expected, hard to read too much into what this means for Sunday as there was always gonna be rotation after Sunday and the tie is in hand. Diogo starting maybe suggests that he might not start but I’ll be keeping my eye on how long Naby and Luis get :whoo:as they need to start on Sunday for me, Bobby too but he needs minutes so I would expect him to get 90 either way.