Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Egypt only qualified for 3 world Cups in the past. So them not making it to Qatar shouldn't be a shock. They couldn't even make it when they were in their 00's peak.

Nigeria is the big shock. They've only missed 1 (I think it's 06) before this since 94. Going to miss out on the traditional Argentina/Nigeria group game.

Yep, and 06 we missed out based on head to head with Angola. But we only have ourselves to blame. Ghana didn’t really play much over both legs. Their one goal should have been saved 10/10.

Our midfield was non existent, passing was poor and we didn’t take the chances we created (that Simon miss in the first leg was critical in hindsight). Also, there was a lack of urgency from our players.

Gotta regroup for next AFCON next summer. Really need to recruit more creative midfielders. I was an Eguavoan supporter but I think his race is run. Let’s bring in Jose P and start afresh. There is still a core group of players we can work with for the 23 and 25 AFCON in preparation for 2026. Aina, Osimhen, Ndidi, Kelechi, Dennis, Aribo etc.

Next WC has 9 slots so I’m not too worried about not qualifying. It’s just not qualifying due to Ghana is a sore one.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Bruno. Great finish again. Jota learned from Robbo with that delivery :wow:

North Macedonias decision making is poor. Kudos to them for making this far

They never play the obvious ball

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all spent the entire qualifying stage shook of North Africans and it seems they're all choking now except Morocco lol.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Y'all spent the entire qualifying stage shook of North Africans and it seems they're all choking now except Morocco lol.

North Africans are so-so in the WCQ. Egypt only been to 3, I don’t think they’ve even gone past the group. Morocco and Tunisia tend to go but they also shyt the bed when they get there.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yep, and 06 we missed out based on head to head with Angola. But we only have ourselves to blame. Ghana didn’t really play much over both legs. Their one goal should have been saved 10/10.

Our midfield was non existent, passing was poor and we didn’t take the chances we created (that Simon miss in the first leg was critical in hindsight). Also, there was a lack of urgency from our players.

Gotta regroup for next AFCON next summer. Really need to recruit more creative midfielders. I was an Eguavoan supporter but I think his race is run. Let’s bring in Jose P and start afresh. There is still a core group of players we can work with for the 23 and 25 AFCON in preparation for 2026. Aina, Osimhen, Ndidi, Kelechi, Dennis, Aribo etc.

Next WC has 9 slots so I’m not too worried about not qualifying. It’s just not qualifying due to Ghana is a sore one.

Guess it back to the age old Jollof Rice Wars on whose is better argument between the two. :hubie:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Reddit Soccer is absolutely terrible. Reading the comments about the lasers in the Senegal vs Egypt match :hhh:

Folks need to get off their high horse

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reddit Soccer is absolutely terrible. Reading the comments about the lasers in the Senegal vs Egypt match :hhh:

Folks need to get off their high horse

No way they ever watched African football before. Al Ahly and Zemalek fans were using them even way back in the 90s :heh: First time Ive ever seen Senegalese fans do it.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LqUcDl2.png