Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Big dog tie here. Cameroon vs. Algeria.

This pitch though :why:

Same pitch we complained about during the last AFCON.

Game was kinda ugly, we scored from one of our very few chances and honestly, apart from very few instances, Cameroon never looked capable of actually scoring.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Oya Super Eagles, let's get it.

I'd said it once and I'll say it again. SSA national teams are so fukking undisciplined.

True, but Idk how that was ever a red. Should have been a dive to be very honest against Tunisia.

Typical Tunisia too, they'll shythouse their way to the WC thru favorable draws/luck just to waste a spot again :hhh:

Yep. Tunisia stays with that ugly football on the continent, but they get to the WC and get blasted something serious. Their win against Nigeria in AFCON was a well marshaled defensive unit and a single shot + inshallah. That red card obviously didn't help.

Same pitch we complained about during the last AFCON.

Game was kinda ugly, we scored from one of our very few chances and honestly, apart from very few instances, Cameroon never looked capable of actually scoring.

The game was very ugly. Cameroon never got up to pace and their passing was terrible. No runs through the middle either, that flat 4-4-2 ain't it. Idk why Cameroon didn't just go with the artificial turf like DRC did in their game against Morocco today.

I.AM.PIFF

Supporter
Daps
Best case scenario for Africa is the following teams qualifying:

- Morocco : I'm not really liking what Vahid is doing there but they have much more quality than DRC and didn't look bad during the last WC, apart from that dumb OG vs Iran. In fact, they should've beaten Spain if we keeping it 100.
- Tunisia : I'm not a fan of them but Mali showed today they're still missing a thing or 2 to be at the big stage. Tunisia, tho always underwhelming, has at least much more experience when it comes to that.
- Algeria : We've been declining for a moment prior to this game but I believe we'd be much better in a WC over a Cameroon team that I assume will embarrass itself again if they make it there.
- Nigeria : The Black Stars have fallen off a cliff the last few years and Nigeria is always a threat or so (apart from 2010 where they looked really bad) at the WC. Much rather have the super eagles.
- Senegal : Would suck to not have Salah at the WC but the pharaohs aren't really equipped for the big stage IMO and Senegal has the highest odds of doing good among all the african teams at the next WC imo.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Best case scenario for Africa is the following teams qualifying:

- Morocco : I'm not really liking what Vahid is doing there but they have much more quality than DRC and didn't look bad during the last WC, apart from that dumb OG vs Iran. In fact, they should've beaten Spain if we keeping it 100.
- Tunisia : I'm not a fan of them but Mali showed today they're still missing a thing or 2 to be at the big stage. Tunisia, tho always underwhelming, has at least much more experience when it comes to that.
- Algeria : We've been declining for a moment prior to this game but I believe we'd be much better in a WC over a Cameroon team that I assume will embarrass itself again if they make it there.
- Nigeria : The Black Stars have fallen off a cliff the last few years and Nigeria is always a threat or so (apart from 2010 where they looked really bad) at the WC. Much rather have the super eagles.
- Senegal : Would suck to not have Salah at the WC but the pharaohs aren't really equipped for the big stage IMO and Senegal has the highest odds of doing good among all the african teams at the next WC imo.

Spot on for the most part. I still don't wanna see Tunisia there. Still pissed about CIV being in the same group in Cameroon. CIV vs Tunisia would have been a much better tie, to be honest. CIV would have been a better team in the WC, they actually have a solid squad front to back.

I.AM.PIFF

Supporter
Daps
True, but Idk how that was ever a red. Should have been a dive to be very honest against Tunisia.

Honestly, never a red, but it was a careless mistake to make. Feel bad for the guy who was only playing his 3rd cap for Mali.

Yep. Tunisia stays with that ugly football on the continent, but they get to the WC and get blasted something serious. Their win against Nigeria in AFCON was a well marshaled defensive unit and a single shot + inshallah. That red card obviously didn't help.

Pretty much. They're a known quality at the continental level but they never raise their level of play when it matters, tho they nearly drew to England last WC (tho England dominated the game tbf)

The game was very ugly. Cameroon never got up to pace and their passing was terrible. No runs through the middle either, that flat 4-4-2 ain't it. Idk why Cameroon didn't just go with the artificial turf like DRC did in their game against Morocco today.

We played all of our games in that stadium and it hampered our offensive play that relied on passing and creating from the wings mostly. Today, the coach adapted well enough and we stayed solid behind, conceding possession and playing hoofball/counters.

I.AM.PIFF

Supporter
Daps
Spot on for the most part. I still don't wanna see Tunisia there. Still pissed about CIV being in the same group in Cameroon. CIV vs Tunisia would have been a much better tie, to be honest. CIV would have been a better team in the WC, they actually have a solid squad front to back.

Yeah, agreed. CAF qualifying can be brutal.

The same CIV team that spanked us last AFCON isn't even here. Same can be said for a team like BFA that got shafted by drawing us, as well as not even being able to play a single game at home.

Both of these would've been more worthy of that spot over teams like Ghana, DRC or even us (with how poor we've looked for like a year or so).