Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Is Timmy any good? Everytime I watch Lille play he isn't in the line up.

He's full of confidence and can be disruptive to the defense, but honestly he hasn't stayed healthy long enough the last few years to know if he's really any good.

Basically. These are some of the poorest USA and Mexico sides I've ever seen. I think all of Concacaf gets washed at some point.
I agree I don't see anyone from Concacaf making a deep run at the next WC. Mexico is :flabbynsick: and the USA is very very young. I truly think in 4 years the USA will be playing on home soil, will have true leadership, and more experience to actually compete with some of the bigger teams.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This DRC pitch is nice :ehh:

Much better than what we saw at the Cameroon AFCON :hhh:

Cameroonian FA should have just used artificial turf.

I'd be fine with no North African teams making the WC. Go DRC

Is Timmy any good? Everytime I watch Lille play he isn't in the line up.

He's been injured a lot and usually comes off the bench. Seems like all the top US talent have issues with injuries, Weah, Pulisic, Reyna. Seems like Mckennie might be joining em

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He's been injured a lot and usually comes off the bench. Seems like all the top US talent have issues with injuries, Weah, Pulisic, Reyna. Seems like Mckennie might be joining em

With younger players up till 21/22 they often have grown pain injuries. When tearing ligaments and breaks happen that's more hazards of the job. So it's hard to know if they will continue to be crocks as they get older or not. Timmy and Pulisic need to strengthen themselves if they keep getting pulls and strains. Reyna needs a bit of luck and get stronger as he develops. McKennie is an all action player so the chances of them getting injured are higher and declining quicker.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Damn, what a goal from Morocco. Crucial away goal for Morocco. DRC had chances to make it 2-0 but they fluffed their chances.

CAF should remove the away goals in qualifying though.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Doucoure switched his allegiance from France to Mali just in time for final rd WCQ (at 29 yrs old). Idk, if you're a dual national breh and haven't been called up for a major tourney for a Euro nation by 24/25 at the peak of your club career, might as well just go to the African nation. At least you can get slot into the National team set up earlier and build from there.