Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
McTominay to Maguire to left back pipeline :francis: Inability of a 6 to pass to either 8 or a 10 :mindblown:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Not saying you’re wrong, but as I said prior to this game, this is always said every time Arsenal lose to the “bigger” team. I guarantee this will be said next season and the season after when we lose to City/Liverpool as per usual.

I’m a shytty fan because apparently, I don’t see losing every time to top teams as progress. :yeshrug:

You're being far too harsh bruv. Enjoy this team for what it is. Realistically what are we doing with Laca, Martinelli, and Saka up top. None are killers (yet) and they don't impose themselves.

This is the youngest Premier League team that is still lacking a few key components to be a force. The back 5 is fine - maybe we can upgrade on Gabriel but they're all leaders, intelligent, good passers, and mobile. The midfield is missing something with Xhaka (he played extremely well yesterday but still lacked something). The front 3 aren't killers and isn't good enough to challenge Liverpool. In the end, we may need to bin 2 of them to take that next step because we lack ruthlessness and pace up top. Without the 3/4 parts, our ceiling is 4th. Maybe 3rd if Chelsea collapses but even their squad is ahead of us.

The intensity we played City and Liverpool with in the last months is something we lacked for years. Now we have to kick on and find the hardest pieces of our puzzle a midfielder to replace Xhaka and 2 forwards.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

This man doesn’t watch games, this confirms it, fukk is he talking about? :gucci:

Like Tomori playing for a team top of the table. But yet Mings gets called up because he's left footed.:scust: Tomori been playing LCB for 75% of the season

I need Mings to fail as drugs test or someone spike both his samples.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You're being far too harsh bruv. Enjoy this team for what it is.

This is the youngest Premier League team that is still lacking a few key components to be a force. The back 5 is fine - maybe we can upgrade on Gabriel but they're all leaders, intelligent, good passers, and mobile. The midfield is missing something with Xhaka (he played extremely well yesterday but still lacked something). The front 3 aren't killers and isn't good enough to challenge Liverpool. In the end, we may need to bin 2 of them to take that next step because we lack ruthlessness and pace up top. Without the 3/4 parts, our ceiling is 4th. Maybe 3rd if Chelsea collapses but even their squad is ahead of us.

Go back a few seasons and watch this same fixtures. We went to Anfield with Emery, scored first through Ainsley and from then on they clapped us. The score line was meaningless in the grand scheme because the technical gap was far too big on every level. We were slow, stupid, and just bad. That wasn't the case last night or this season. Yes, Liverpool got us 9-0, it's bad but they're a horrible match up for us but I'm way more optimistic about the direction of this team.

The intensity we played City and Liverpool with in the last months is something we lacked for years. Now we have to kick on and find the hardest pieces of our puzzle a midfielder to replace Xhaka and 2 forwards.

I think some Arsenal fans forget this is the first proper rebuild since the mid 80's. :hubie:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

I can't rock with this as far as Rashford is concerned. Watching his performances and hearing him say "nobody is a bigger critic of myself than me" is an insult to any fans watching.

Also, the comment about performances (which wasn't directed at him alone btw) came from fans who were looking to get autographs from the players but were being ignored. The least they could do is show some humility and aknowledge the fans after the embarrassing performances we've seen this season.

Rashford is a hugely talented player but he (and the rest of his teammates) can fukk themselves as far as I'm concerned. These dudes have it piss easy compared to the shyt Real Madrid and Barcelona players go through when they embarrass their clubs.