Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You're right.. everyone shytting on neymar and messi for that mess in madrid.. when Marquinhos and the keeper made some major mistakes

Because Donnarumma and Marquinhos work harder on the pitch than Neymar and Messi. Kylian is teflon because he's a Parisien.

The PSG Ultras don't want a boutique club, and Neymar and Messi are the symbols of a boutique club.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Yep, one man alone cannot win the UCL. It's always about the team, from the GK to the outfield players.

PSG isn't a TEAM and hasn't been for years. It's a collection of individuals. There's no identity, no culture, no belief.

You can't FIFA 22 your way to Continental titles.

Exactly. That one man team shyt is cute till you meet a team that knows what they’re about. Watch Messi’s 4 CL wins and Ronaldo’s 5 and tell me they carried those teams to the trophies. Big difference between being the main man in a team and carrying the team.
Cant just throw Ronaldo in front of McKennie and em and expect a miracle :mjlol:
Pirlo was the coach too :mjlol:

That's true. But after 2 seasons the team damn near fell apart. A club the caliber of Juve shouldn't be like that.

You look at Bayern and how they perform in UCL and outside of Muller and Neuer that teams been shuffled all, around multiple times. And almost no one was 100+ million in transfers. Lewa was on a damn FREE.

That’s on Juves management. You signed me for 100 mils to score goals, not run the club :yeshrug:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Because Donnarumma and Marquinhos work harder on the pitch than Neymar and Messi. Kylian is teflon because he's a Parisien.

The PSG Ultras don't want a boutique club, and Neymar and Messi are the symbols of a boutique club.

Wym Donnaruma works harder? That lanky p*ssy had nothing of note doing all night till that moment :mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
kevin-garnett.gif

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Liverpool will be the true test. We’re playing at home and haven’t had a midweek European game unlike them. I’m happy with the win today but if Arsenal can’t even salvage a point and get bent over, Arteta should really come under harsh scrutiny.

He has been coasting for having such an underwhelming season. He’s really got to pull something out of the bag on Wednesday.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Liverpool will be the true test. We’re playing at home and haven’t had a midweek European game unlike them. I’m happy with the win today but if Arsenal can’t even salvage a point and get bent over, Arteta should really come under harsh scrutiny.

He has been coasting for having such an underwhelming season. He’s really got to pull something out of the bag on Wednesday.

He'll be fine if the game is similar to how the City game went. Arsenal gave a good account of themselves and would probably have salvaged a point if Gabriel didn't lose his head.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

I think that's a bit much.

Outside of Saka, if you looked at this team on paper, there's no way it should be competing with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and City. And while those clubs are miles beyond Arsenal, Arteta's done well. I don't think anyone expects the Gunners to be on the same level as those three teams either. I think they will lose and I don't think that would be unexpected. This isn't a title winning team, so why would you expect them to do more that what the team is?

Hell, I had Arsenal making Europa League...BARELY. And now, they control their own destiny for UCL. That's an overperformance given the roster & circumstances.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
He'll be fine if the game is similar to how the City game went. Arsenal gave a good account of themselves and would probably have salvaged a point if Gabriel didn't lose his head.
I’m still mad in the manner in which we lost that game. Even a draw would’ve been a terrible result. City had no right getting anything from that game and we gifted them three points. That soft underbelly being exposed time and time again.
I think that's a bit much.

Outside of Saka, if you looked at this team on paper, there's no way it should be competing with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and City. And while those clubs are miles beyond Arsenal, Arteta's done well. I don't think anyone expects the Gunners to be on the same level as those three teams either. I think they will lose and I don't think that would be unexpected. This isn't a title winning team, so why would you expect them to do more that what the team is?

Hell, I had Arsenal making Europa League...BARELY. And now, they control their own destiny for UCL. That's an overperformance given the roster & circumstances.
How long will we settle for mediocrity? We spent years fighting for top 4 and just making up the numbers in the champions league.

We got rid of wenger because we were pedalling staying still. We replace him with Emery, and stay in the same position. We spend millions and bring Arteta and take two steps backwards.

We need to stop acting like we can’t compete with the big boys. We have spent a huge amount on transfers over the past ten years; Sanchez, Ozil, Lacazette, Auba, Pepe, Ben White etc. Yeah, we can blame our owner all we want but let’s not act like we haven’t spent big bucks.

There’s zero excuse to not challenge for the title after all these years. Liverpool have done it and they haven’t spent as much as City (although they have bought expensive players too). Honestly, what’s Arsenal’s excuse?

Either our scouting system is flawed or our managers are not getting the best out of our talent?