Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So then you're here on the Macron scale
fnapabgxeaib-cg-removebg-previ.png

Yeah Messi was really good today. The link up play, weight of his passes :ohlawd: but he just doesn't have the footspeed and lateral quickness of old to get past defenders in the box :manny:

But at least he's aware of it and adjusted his game unlike Ronaldo who can't even stay on his feet on cutbacks :hhh:
At some point Messi outran Nacho, I was :ohhh:

His finishing has also been subpar this season. I know he's hit the post many times this season and the last couple of years so he's close but seems like his aim is not coming back. Which is weird because his passing accuracy is still here.

But overall I think he's been way better lately than he was in the start of the season. He just doesnt have the goals to back it up.

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Man I just rewatched the goals and Donnarumma gave the first and Marqui just put the ball back in Benz' feet on the third. I knew Marqui was having a bad game when he did that backheel in the first half. He's usually super solid but he was shaky all night.

Yh he was dodgy

There was a moment when he left his position to come and clear a ball that wasn't his...left a gap and didn't even clear it properly unnecessarily putting his team under pressure

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Idk that contract PSG is offering is way too good for Mbappe to give up imo

When Madrid was chasing after their 10th, they couldn't get past the round of 16 or semi finals for like a decade straight. Eventually PSG will win it

Says who? They've had some of the most talented teams and managers money can buy. City havent, Atlético haven't, Juventus haven't since 95, Arsenal haven't.

There's nothing in the cards, especially with City and potentially Newcastle in the future, that say PSG are somehow shoe-ins for UCL title.

They have Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria, Donnaruma, Hakimi, etc. Young players, veteran players, great managers, amazing world class city, etc. Still haven't won it.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I completely missed the Madrid game but just knew Madrid would score 3 checked my phone and yep confirmed :russ: